Sending keystrokes to DSC panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending keystrokes to DSC panel?

Is it possible to send keystrokes to a DSC panel (PC1832) either through this plugin or from the envisalink portal? I have a headless PC connected to the panel with a PC-LINK cable and I would like to send the [499] code to the panel remotely instead of having to go to my 2nd floor and type it on my DSC keypad. I've seen references to this capability on the forums but I haven't actually figured out how to do this. Thanks in advance

in version 3.0.0.26, I have added the "Send Keystroke String" action. Please install test, and let me know if there is any problem.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      in version 3.0.0.26, I have added the "Send Keystroke String" action. Please install test, and let me know if there is any problem.
      Works like a charm, thanks! I found I had to create an event to break it up with 1 sec delays between sections. Would it be possible to be able to insert a pause in the text using a special character (e.g. comma = 1 second pause)?

for example this would be the string to enter into PCLink download mode (where 1234 is the installer code):

In order to replicate that sequence I had to create an event with 1 sec waits between each.

Comment

+1

This would allow an easy way to program new user codes.

I have an event that when triggered, will program a user code on a door lock and it would great to be able to program a user code on the alarm panel with one simple action rather than having to put in a wait between each character.

Comment

Working...
        X