EVL-4: compared to EVL-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EVL-4: compared to EVL-3

Just noticed version 4 of the EVL board. Wondering what the benefits are (beyond 100Mb) compared to version 3 ? Supported by the current version of the plugin?

I haven't tested EVL4 yet, but I read on eyez-on forum that from a software point of view there isn't much differences between EVL3 and EVL4, so I don't think I will have to make a lot of changes (if any) to the plugin to support the new version.

Comment

Buying

Hi Spud

I am going to be buying a Envisalink for my new DSC system and buy your plugin for HS3pro.
      Have you had time to test to see if the EVL-4 works with your plugin? If not is this something you plan to implement in the near future?

I am also keen to know exactly what the differences between the two are?
      On a separate note; do you have a full feature list for your plugin - What it can do / can't do?

Thanks for all your hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
        Hi Spud

I am going to be buying a Envisalink for my new DSC system and buy your plugin for HS3pro.
        Have you had time to test to see if the EVL-4 works with your plugin? If not is this something you plan to implement in the near future?

I am also keen to know exactly what the differences between the two are?
        On a separate note; do you have a full feature list for your plugin - What it can do / can't do?

Thanks for all your hard work.
        I didn't test EVL-4, but I asked in the eyez-on forum the differences between EVL-3 and EVL-4 from an API point of view, and it seems that there is none. http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewt...3f1c3ddb#p7164

So EVL-4 should work out of the box with my plugin, if for some reason it doesn't then I guarantee I will make it work.

Here is another thread about differences between EVL-3 and EVL-4
        http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewt...83a5193f1c3ddb

For a list of feature, you can have a look at the user guide. If you have a doubt about a particular feature, just ask.

Comment

EVL-4

Great stuff, I have my Envisalink EVL-4 on order.
          And looking forward to trying it out.

I was a little disappointed by the eyezon website; the claimed SMS neither works on O2, EE or Vodafone in the UK.

I will let you the compatibility for sure when it arrives.

I do have two further questions:

I still got to work out, how I am going to get my nest protects to trigger the fire alarm, any thoughts - it can send emails?

One of the things I am curious about is the users, so my DSC has two users each with different user codes. Can your plugin see which user has disarmed the system? To trigger some friendly user actions like music.

Cheers Chris

Comment

I still got to work out, how I am going to get my nest protects to trigger the fire alarm, any thoughts - it can send emails?
            I would use the EnvisaLink "Trigger Panic Alarm - Fire alarm" action, with a trigger based on the "Nest Smoke Alarm" device. Then you can add an additional action to send an email.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	triggerpanicalarm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	1180676

One of the things I am curious about is the users, so my DSC has two users each with different user codes. Can your plugin see which user has disarmed the system? To trigger some friendly user actions like music.
            For this I would use the EnvisaLink User Access device with the "This device's string changes and becomes..." trigger from the EasyTrigger plugin, like in the screnshot below
            Click image for larger version

Name:	disarmedbyspud.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	1180677

Comment

Just to update this: I have an Envisalink 4, and the plugin works just fine with it

Comment

HELP please.
                I have an alexor DSC alarm system. Had a TL265 board. that board allowd me to use the DSC software, through my home network, to program the alexor.
                but the TL265 board died.

Now, am considering the PC series of DSC. Was told that I need the T5164 board, to allow the use of my wireless sensors.

was told that I need the EVL-4 board to allow remote access to the DSC PC alarm unit.
                What I WANTED to do was be able to program the alarm system, through my home network, using the EVL-4. But I was told that it needs the older PC-LINK connection (usb to serial) to connect.

CAn you help clarify if I am able to use the EVL-4, wiith the DSC software (or other software) to program my PC DSC unit, through my home network, rather than using the older PC-LINK method?

any help is appreciated
                thanks

Comment

Originally posted by aoz View Post
                  HELP please.
                  I have an alexor DSC alarm system. Had a TL265 board. that board allowd me to use the DSC software, through my home network, to program the alexor.
                  but the TL265 board died.

Now, am considering the PC series of DSC. Was told that I need the T5164 board, to allow the use of my wireless sensors.

was told that I need the EVL-4 board to allow remote access to the DSC PC alarm unit.
                  What I WANTED to do was be able to program the alarm system, through my home network, using the EVL-4. But I was told that it needs the older PC-LINK connection (usb to serial) to connect.

CAn you help clarify if I am able to use the EVL-4, wiith the DSC software (or other software) to program my PC DSC unit, through my home network, rather than using the older PC-LINK method?

any help is appreciated
                  thanks
                  I can answer this question. The EVL-4 (like the older EVL-3) will not permit programming of the network. You still have to use PC-Link. Once programmed, the board can then interact with HomeSeer through EVL-4 and the plug-in.

Comment

thanks for reply.
                    but, I saw wheree there is a virtual keyboard app for the iphone and for android. does this allow you to use your remote monitoring connection to actually control the 1616, etc? thus, don't need the PC-Link?
                    I realize that is not a replacement for the DSC software, but it allows me to use the phone, better screen than the keyboard?
                    thanks

I had the alexor, and the DSC software could be used through the network connection, whch was nice, so I did not have to have a usb-to-serial, etc.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by aoz View Post
                      thanks for reply.
                      but, I saw wheree there is a virtual keyboard app for the iphone and for android. does this allow you to use your remote monitoring connection to actually control the 1616, etc? thus, don't need the PC-Link?
                      I realize that is not a replacement for the DSC software, but it allows me to use the phone, better screen than the keyboard?
                      thanks

I had the alexor, and the DSC software could be used through the network connection, whch was nice, so I did not have to have a usb-to-serial, etc.

thanks
                      That I do not know! Hopefully Spud or rprade (I know he just did a big security re-do at his house) can provide the answer.

Comment

Working...
                      X