Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visibility of the plugin to IFTTT

Spud,

I'm getting deeper into IFTTT and wanted to create a recipe where I would get an IFTTT notification on my phone when the panel was armed.

This requires that HS present the devices to IFTTT but none are visible within IFTTT: "Partition" has "Control use: Not specified" for the significant 4 values (-1000 to -10003).

Would I get into trouble if I changed those 4 values to "Control use: On" ?

well, you can try, it won't break anything in the plugin but I don't see how this would work since this 4 values (-1000 to -1003) are controls only, so they don't play any role when the partition status changes

I think you may need to use an intermediary virtual device (or use my IFTTT plugin )

Comment

I'm trying to avoid adding another virtual device to hold a status because I then need to check partition messages for arming/disarming to set the variable On/Off. I was hoping to use a status change on the partition as a direct trigger for an IFTTT action.

So I guess it's not as simple as changing those 4 values so they have both control and status?

Comment

the partition device is not a simple On/Off device, so it's difficult to try to make it behave like one

adding a "Is Armed" virtual device is not that hard, you would only need 2 events to sync it with the partition status

IF partition device changes and become "Armed stay"
        OR IF partition device changes and become "Armed away"
        OR IF...
        THEN Set "Is Armed" device to On

IF partition device changes and become "Ready"
        OR IF partition device changes and become "Not Ready"
        OR IF...
        THEN Set "Is Armed" device to Off

Comment

Working...
        X