Log filing up with irrelavent information - set to INFO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log filing up with irrelavent information - set to INFO

I have my log set to Info and still get way too many entries from Envisalink.

So I am wondering if the log information strings are pre-formatted by the DSC panel, by the EVL3, or by the plug-in?

My thinking is that this would be a more pleasant experience if the Partition Status were excluded from the Zone Opening log reports. They alone represent more than 50% of the log entries and are a somewhat redundant. My wish would be to have an extra level of log filtering called Zone Openings. Placed above partition status messages but below the warnings and errors so that they too would be included.

For each partition and zone device you can disable the status change logs you see at Info level. Click on the device then go to the EnvisaLink tab and tick the "Do not log status change" checkbox like on the screenshot below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	logcobfigbydevice.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	1180854

Sorry, it's not documented in the User Guide yet, I will add it.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      For each partition and zone device you can disable the status change logs you see at Info level. Click on the device then go to the EnvisaLink tab and tick the "Do not log status change" checkbox like on the screenshot below.

[ATTACH]49645[/ATTACH]

Sorry, it's not documented in the User Guide yet, I will add it.
      Was this feature fixed recently ? I had used this previously with a wired motion detector which was on-off-on-off repetitively and I could swear it did not work. Today it sure is working.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
      X