Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue with Envisalink DSC and last version of HS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with Envisalink DSC and last version of HS3?

Hi,

I've posted about my issue here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=1#post1213173

As you can see from my last attempt, it seems that when I try to install the Envisalink DSC plugin all my issues begin.
    It was working fine until I upgraded HS3 to the latest version, can it be an issue of incompatibility?

thanks

Originally posted by doppiaemme View Post
    Hi,

I've posted about my issue here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=1#post1213173

As you can see from my last attempt, it seems that when I try to install the Envisalink DSC plugin all my issues begin.
    It was working fine until I upgraded HS3 to the latest version, can it be an issue of incompatibility?

thanks
    the EnvisaLink plugin works just fine here with HS3 ver .208, so I doubt there is a compatibility issue (and I'm on win 7 as well)

does the problem appears when you install the plugin or when you start it?

can you add the following lines to EnvisaLink.ini, restart the plugin and then post your logs

Code:
    [GENERAL]
    log_level=Debug

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      the EnvisaLink plugin works just fine here with HS3 ver .208, so I doubt there is a compatibility issue (and I'm on win 7 as well)

does the problem appears when you install the plugin or when you start it?

can you add the following lines to EnvisaLink.ini, restart the plugin and then post your logs

Code:
      [GENERAL]
      log_level=Debug
      The problem appears when I install the plugin but then if I stop HS3 it won't restart! In addition to this, the plugin's process cannot be killed with the task manager. The only way to get rid of it is to reboot the server, manually delete the plugin from the HS folder.
      I'll try what you suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by doppiaemme View Post
        The problem appears when I install the plugin but then if I stop HS3 it won't restart! In addition to this, the plugin's process cannot be killed with the task manager. The only way to get rid of it is to reboot the server, manually delete the plugin from the HS folder.
        I'll try what you suggested.
        installing a plugin does not start it, so there shouldn't be any plugin's process running
        make sure you stop the plugin before you install/update it

Comment

installing a plugin does not start it, so there shouldn't be any plugin's process running
          make sure you stop the plugin before you install/update it
          Sorry I was wrong, the issue happens AFTER I install it, when I try to start it.

I've rolled back to the previus version of HS3 but I still have the same issue, so it's not something due to the release.

When I start it the plugin page just hangs, if I force a refresh of the page I get this:

http://3.1m.yt/TcOQSsOJL.jpg

I've tried starting it and stopping it a few times and now I have three zombie processes

http://3.1m.yt/HW4cq0s_.jpg

My .ini files looks like this:
          [ENVISALINK]
          host=192.168.3.26
          password=user
          [PANEL]
          master_code=*****
          zone_count=25
          [USERS]
          massimo###id=1
          [GENERAL]
          log_level=Debug

and on the log file I get this:

Date/Time Pri Type/Error Message/Source
          dic-09 17:28:11 Info System connected to MyHomeSeer Service successfully.
          dic-09 17:28:11 Info System connected to MyHomeSeer Service, waiting for acknowledge...
          dic-09 17:28:10 Info Starting the MyHS Service...
          dic-09 17:28:08 Info Stopping the MyHS Service...
          dic-09 17:28:08 Info Successfully registered license *******
          dic-09 17:24:40 Plug-In Interface EnvisaLink is running as a trial, 30 days remaining.
          dic-09 17:23:04 Plug-In Interface EnvisaLink is running as a trial, 30 days remaining.
          dic-09 17:21:38 Updater Install/Update of package EnvisaLink DSC was successful.
          dic-09 17:21:38 Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Config\EnvisaLink.ini
          dic-09 17:21:38 Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_ENVISALINK.exe.config
          dic-09 17:21:38 Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\EnvisaLink\envisalink.png
          dic-09 17:21:38 Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\EnvisaLink\Opened.gif
          dic-09 17:21:38 Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\EnvisaLink\Closed.gif
          dic-09 17:21:38 Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_ENVISALINK.exe
          dic-09 17:21:38 Updater Installing package EnvisaLink DSC
          dic-09 17:21:38 Updater Update HSPI_ENVISALINK.exe downloaded successfully
          dic-09 17:21:37 Updater Downloading update: EnvisaLink DSC
          dic-09 17:21:37 Updater Starting download of updates

Comment

try to disable your antivirus

Comment

try to disable your antivirus
              than you a lot!!

That was it!
              unbelievable, is there an explanation for it?

Comment

what's your AV?
                I got this problem with Avast and some exe (not with envisalink however)

I don't know what's causing it but looks like it's not specific to HomeSeer plugins:
                https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=180218.0

Comment

you just mentioned it, Avast!

The amount of time I've wasted troubleshooting this stupid issue is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                  X