Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tamu
    replied
    Thanks for the help. I was able to swap the 1616 with the 1832. I found a dsc help page as well http://dlshelp.dsc.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
    Last edited by tamu; January 1, 2016, 09:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bdraper
    replied
    Originally posted by tamu View Post
    I was reading some conflicting stuff. I installed DLS 5 from your link and manually searched through the panel types and did see v4.1. I should be good to go.
    Good deal, glad you got it sorted out.

Leave a comment:

• tamu
    replied
    Originally posted by sparkman View Post
    NP. I thought the DLS software was backwards compatible. I may have a copy of 2002 somewhere if it doesn't work.

Cheers
    Al
    I was reading some conflicting stuff. I installed DLS 5 from your link and manually searched through the panel types and did see v4.1. I should be good to go.

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Thanks, I was looking into this more. It looks like power series v4.1 panels require DLS2002 software.
    NP. I thought the DLS software was backwards compatible. I may have a copy of 2002 somewhere if it doesn't work.

Cheers
    Al

Leave a comment:

• tamu
    replied
    Originally posted by sparkman View Post
    I posted a link to DLS in post 24 of this thread. Yes, you can use it to restore to a new panel.

Cheers
    Al
    Thanks, I was looking into this more. It looks like power series v4.1 panels require DLS2002 software.

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    I'm currently setup with a DSC PC1616 v4.1 board. I also have a PC5950 two way audio board. It took us a while to get the PC5950 setup via the keypad a couple of years back.

I'm about to swap out the PC1616 with an 1832 v4.6. I have the serial adapter/cable, just need to get the DLS software somewhere. My question is...how easy is it to do a panel swap with the software? I read you can do a config backup of the board, I just don't know if a restore to a brand new panel is supported.

Thanks
    I posted a link to DLS in post 24 of this thread. Yes, you can use it to restore to a new panel.

Cheers
    Al

Leave a comment:

• tamu
    replied
    Originally posted by bdraper View Post
    No problem, glad to help. I think you will find programming the panel with the software to be a much easier task. I programmed some of my DSC panel with the keypad, and I quickly looked for an alternative. If I installed these panels everyday, then it would probably be second nature...

On the external panel, good idea. Thanks
    I'm currently setup with a DSC PC1616 v4.1 board. I also have a PC5950 two way audio board. It took us a while to get the PC5950 setup via the keypad a couple of years back.

I'm about to swap out the PC1616 with an 1832 v4.6. I have the serial adapter/cable, just need to get the DLS software somewhere. My question is...how easy is it to do a panel swap with the software? I read you can do a config backup of the board, I just don't know if a restore to a brand new panel is supported.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• mikedr
    replied
    Holy crap is that expensive! I'm paying $48/month for a full-blown Alarm.com setup with Guardian.

I'm going to be replacing that with a DSC system. I have a router that fails over from cablemodem to LTE already (Cradlepoint), and I pay AT&T $20/month for the LTE. So I figured I'll do alarm monitoring over IP.

Since I"ll be buying the EnvisaLink anyway, I figured I'll go with their EnvisAlarms service, $9/month.

I just want bare bone alarm monitoring, and do all the other stuff I was doing with alarm.com through HS.

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
    Tom

Thanks for this. Yes, I am out of contract and just checked the current monthly - $67 &%*%$! I am sure I could get that down to under $50 with negotiation AND signing a new contract, but that's still robbery and I am over it.

Unfortunately, my panel is a GE Concord Express, which has no means of integration to HS, unlike the GE Concord 4 and most panels from Honeywell, DSC etc. Yes, I believe it will work with AlarmRelay's device, but I really want integration with HS, so I need to look at something new. Hoping that I will be able to re-use some sensors and some wiring.

I also, really want wired motion sensors throughout the house, which will be a bit of work, but 6 years in (and about 2,500' of LV cabling), I have figured out concealed routes to virtually every location. I only have 2 free wired zones remaining on the existing panel also.

Cheers
    James

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Originally posted by TomTom View Post
    Cheeryfool, I assume you leave adt when you finish the contract? It's pretty hard here to get out of security company contracts . If you're out of contract just use your adt panel. They are usually ademco/Honeywell >> dsc. If you want easy guide way to reprogram the panel just call alarmrelay sign up for their 1 yrs service, $9/mo, and they will walk you through over the phone on how to reprogram your existing panel.

Sent from my iPhone
    Tom

Thanks for this. Yes, I am out of contract and just checked the current monthly - $67 &%*%$! I am sure I could get that down to under $50 with negotiation AND signing a new contract, but that's still robbery and I am over it.

Unfortunately, my panel is a GE Concord Express, which has no means of integration to HS, unlike the GE Concord 4 and most panels from Honeywell, DSC etc. Yes, I believe it will work with AlarmRelay's device, but I really want integration with HS, so I need to look at something new. Hoping that I will be able to re-use some sensors and some wiring.

I also, really want wired motion sensors throughout the house, which will be a bit of work, but 6 years in (and about 2,500' of LV cabling), I have figured out concealed routes to virtually every location. I only have 2 free wired zones remaining on the existing panel also.

Cheers
    James

Leave a comment:

• TomTom
    replied
    Cheeryfool, I assume you leave adt when you finish the contract? It's pretty hard here to get out of security company contracts . If you're out of contract just use your adt panel. They are usually ademco/Honeywell >> dsc. If you want easy guide way to reprogram the panel just call alarmrelay sign up for their 1 yrs service, $9/mo, and they will walk you through over the phone on how to reprogram your existing panel.

Sent from my iPhone

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    I have been following this thread with interest as I have been contemplating for a long time ditching my expensive ADT contract and my current panel cannot be 'integrated' - GE/ITI Concord Express.

One of the core things that I am interested in is wired combo CO/Smoke detectors and also wired motions. A recessed ceiling triple-play would be a killer device, especially if it had PIR and microwave motion sensing.

Back to (somewhat) reality. Nest had an alarm panel enabled smoke detector for a while, but that seems to have been part of the Nest Protect recall and that has not been re-launched with the current v2 Protect. This might seem a bit backwards, but what hardware would be needed to trigger a zone on a DSC panel from the Nest device in HS3 (I am using Spud's Nest PI) An Arduino or some simpler type of relay?

It's just a thought and I've read all the cautions about mixing HA and Fire/Security systems.

Anyway, just a random Monday thought

Leave a comment:

• reidfo
    replied
    Does anyone have any pictures of a panel with multiple zone expansion modules? I am trying to figure out how to position the modules in the cabinet. Mine is quite full with the main board, battery, IT-100. Does everyone just get an additional cabinet?
    Here's a picture of my PC1864 with IT-100 (left side) and 2 zone expansion modules on the right. Originally the house came with a smaller DSC board and housing. I replaced both and went to the larger housing to accommodate the expansion modules.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• bdraper
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    Thanks for your software pictures, that helps a lot. I will be getting the serial cable with my panel and have downloaded the software.

With regard to expansion boards, it is my understanding that the standard cabinet will accommodate an expansion board on each side of the main board. They are mounted to the side of the cabinets. For my installation it makes more sense to mount the expansion boards remotely to save on wiring. I will probably only mount the Envisalink interface in the main cabinet.
    No problem, glad to help. I think you will find programming the panel with the software to be a much easier task. I programmed some of my DSC panel with the keypad, and I quickly looked for an alternative. If I installed these panels everyday, then it would probably be second nature...

On the external panel, good idea. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Does anyone have any pictures of a panel with multiple zone expansion modules? I am trying to figure out how to position the modules in the cabinet. Mine is quite full with the main board, battery, IT-100. Does everyone just get an additional cabinet?
    Thanks for your software pictures, that helps a lot. I will be getting the serial cable with my panel and have downloaded the software.

With regard to expansion boards, it is my understanding that the standard cabinet will accommodate an expansion board on each side of the main board. They are mounted to the side of the cabinets. For my installation it makes more sense to mount the expansion boards remotely to save on wiring. I will probably only mount the Envisalink interface in the main cabinet.

Leave a comment:

• bdraper
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X