Non Contiguous Zones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non Contiguous Zones

I apologize in advance if this has been asked.

I currently have a DSC 1832 with a 5108 Expansion module. I also have a wireless device attached.

The issue is that a you can not make a zone (9-16) on the 5108 expansion board a wireless zone.

So currently I have 11 zones. Zones 1-10 are hardwired and zone 17 is a wireless zone. I can not make zones 11-16 wireless.

Is there any way to tweak the plugin zone 11 to be zone 17 instead of telling the plugin I have 17 zones and then hide the unused zones? Maybe a feature request to not use certain zones?

Originally posted by tamu View Post
    I apologize in advance if this has been asked.

I currently have a DSC 1832 with a 5108 Expansion module. I also have a wireless device attached.

The issue is that a you can not make a zone (9-16) on the 5108 expansion board a wireless zone.

So currently I have 11 zones. Zones 1-10 are hardwired and zone 17 is a wireless zone. I can not make zones 11-16 wireless.

Is there any way to tweak the plugin zone 11 to be zone 17 instead of telling the plugin I have 17 zones and then hide the unused zones? Maybe a feature request to not use certain zones?
    I can add a setting to not create devices for some specific zones
    out of curiosity what's the problem with hiding the unused zones?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      I'm curious as well. I hide mine. I have an 1864 with RFK5564 keypad. It will accommodate a total of 64 zones - mixed wired and wireless. The first 8 are fixed as wired zones on the main board. It seemed logical to add the wireless zones backwards from 64 and the wired zones forward from 1. I will have 24 wireless zones and 33 wired zones in the current configuration, so I am hiding zones 34-48.

The only advantage to not creating the devices would be for reducing clutter when it comes to picking devices for events.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        It is more of me just being OCD and trying to clean things up. I'm still using the default touch layout. I hide things I don't want to show up there. I usually do not filter devices from the webpage view. Maybe there is a better way to do it. I'm still a newbie coming from Vera.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          I have an 1864 with RFK5564 keypad. It will accommodate a total of 64 zones - mixed wired and wireless. The first 8 are fixed as wired zones on the main board. It seemed logical to add the wireless zones backwards from 64 and the wired zones forward from 1.
          Sorry to hijack the thread, but my question is related to your comment:

I have an 1864, two 5108 (8 wired zone expanders) and a RFK5500 (32 wireless zones). What the best way to assign the zones?

So far I haven't found a way to move the wireless zones on the 33+ area, so I have:

Main panel 1-8
          First wired expander 9-16
          Second wired expander 17-24
          Wireless 25-32

I was thinking to move the expanders to 33-48, hoping that would leave 9-32 for wireless. Is there a better way to maximize my hardware?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by etobian View Post
            Sorry to hijack the thread, but my question is related to your comment:

I have an 1864, two 5108 (8 wired zone expanders) and a RFK5500 (32 wireless zones). What the best way to assign the zones?

So far I haven't found a way to move the wireless zones on the 33+ area, so I have:

Main panel 1-8
            First wired expander 9-16
            Second wired expander 17-24
            Wireless 25-32

I was thinking to move the expanders to 33-48, hoping that would leave 9-32 for wireless. Is there a better way to maximize my hardware?

Thanks
            It is my understanding that you need a V4.6 PC1864 and an RFK5564 to do what you want. That combination will allow for a total of 64 zones, wired and wireless and has the ability to assign any zone number to any wireless device.

I think the 32 zone RFK5500 has to have the wireless in the first 32 zones. Additionally the PC1864 prior to V4.6 has limitations on wireless zones. You are stuck with the main board having wired zones fixed at 1-8. You could assign your wireless at 9-32 and start the expansion boards at 33. That would give you the ability to eventually have 24 wireless zones and 48 wired zones.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              I think the 32 zone RFK5500 has to have the wireless in the first 32 zones. Additionally the PC1864 prior to V4.6 has limitations on wireless zones. You are stuck with the main board having wired zones fixed at 1-8. You could assign your wireless at 9-32 and start the expansion boards at 33. That would give you the ability to eventually have 24 wireless zones and 48 wired zones.
              Yes. I think it's silly to force an overlap on zones 1 to 8, and loose either 8 wired or 8 wireless slots. I believe the math for the maximum would be 24 wireless and 40 wired.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by etobian View Post
                Yes. I think it's silly to force an overlap on zones 1 to 8, and loose either 8 wired or 8 wireless slots. I believe the math for the maximum would be 24 wireless and 40 wired.

Thanks for your help.
                You are correct. I knew the math - just can't type

Comment

Working...
                X