Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What trigger do I use to run an event when the alarm is disarmed from armed away?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What trigger do I use to run an event when the alarm is disarmed from armed away?

Hi all,

I'm trying to do a couple events, one that turns the lights off if the alarm is armed away, and one that turns them on when it is disarmed. The armed away one works fine, but the problem I have is I'm not sure how to properly trigger a disarm.

Right now I have:

IF Alarm Partition 1 changes and becomes Ready
    Then
    Set Device JowiHue Kitchen Hue to On

This works, but the problem is that any time someone opens and closes a door it goes to Ready, so the lights come on.

• scorp508
    replied
    After a little testing it would appear -1002 isn't detected, but the 0 to 1 range is.

I'm testing with a simple IF state was "Exit Delay in Progress" and becomes range 0 to 1, then speak something... and just arming/disarming the system.

Leave a comment:

• scorp508
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post
    one solution to this problem is to use the EasyTrigger plugin, and the trigger called "This device's value was and becomes..."

IF partition device was Armed Away and becomes Ready THEN...

another solution is to create a virtual device with only 2 states: armed and disarmed, and to sync it with the partition device

Spud, I'm messing around with EasyTrigger trying to do the same thing as the OP. I would like to evaluate a successful multi-state change from "Away" to "Entry Delay in Progress" to "Disarmed" to run tasks when someone has come through a door and entered their code rather than just disarming the home from a remote location over the internet.

I have an idea and need to do some testing, but welcome eyes from anyone on it.

Event: Disarming from AWAY.

IF alarm was AWAY and is now ENTRY DELAY
    THEN run manually triggered event "Watch for disarm from AWAY"

Edit:^-- That's probably going to hose this idea. It looks like you cannot set an event to be manually triggered and still use "value was and becomes" in the AND IF after the manual trigger (aren't all triggers ignored if it is manually triggered?). I don't want the event to run by default when the Entry Delay state fires as it could fire if you open a door while in Armed Stay and that would be a different event logic I'd want to run.

Event: Watch for disarm from AWAY
    IF alarm was ENTRY DELAY and is now custom range 0 to 1
    THEN ... disarm from AWAY is good, run whatever entry events.

Why 0 or 1 in the second event? The status graphics page mentions those as NOT READY and READY. Not Ready can be hit if you don't close the door behind you and enter your disarm code because you're going to be bringing in groceries or something. However, could I use -1002 as the top and bottom of the range? I see the status graphics page lists -1002 as "Disarm". If -1002 is a valid value to monitor for then it would be perfect to test the transition from Entry Delay to Disarm.

Thanks for any ideas folks have.
    Last edited by scorp508; March 2nd, 2017, 07:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 416to305
    replied
    Thanks I'll try with Easy Trigger

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    one solution to this problem is to use the EasyTrigger plugin, and the trigger called "This device's value was and becomes..."

IF partition device was Armed Away and becomes Ready THEN...

another solution is to create a virtual device with only 2 states: armed and disarmed, and to sync it with the partition device

Leave a comment:

Working...
X