Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm Triggered Status

Hi,
    appreciate this is not supported anymore but wondering if anyone knows the answer. I have a premier elite with JAC0001 via crestRon protocol. Everything works reliably and fast, just wondering how I read that the alarm has been activated?

weve had some new outside lights put in which I’ve connected up to HS3 and I’d love them to flash (blue and white like the police ) if the alarm is activated. Just tested the status and never realised that when the alarm is activated it doesn’t report back to HS3.

any clues please? Wondering if I need to set a new value on izTexecom Zone 1 status parameters?

Originally posted by GTI_SI View Post
    Hi,
    appreciate this is not supported anymore but wondering if anyone knows the answer. I have a premier elite with JAC0001 via crestRon protocol. Everything works reliably and fast, just wondering how I read that the alarm has been activated?

weve had some new outside lights put in which I’ve connected up to HS3 and I’d love them to flash (blue and white like the police ) if the alarm is activated. Just tested the status and never realised that when the alarm is activated it doesn’t report back to HS3.

any clues please? Wondering if I need to set a new value on izTexecom Zone 1 status parameters?
    Hi,
    Do you still have your system working?
    I'm looking at using Texecom myself, but a little concerned about the integration functionality with HS4?

Comment

Originally posted by Techn0 View Post

Hi,
      Do you still have your system working?
      I'm looking at using Texecom myself, but a little concerned about the integration functionality with HS4?
      No I made the switch to homeassistant some time ago. Mainly because of this exact problem, plug-ins can become unsupported whenever a dev decides so, after taking your money.
      I don’t mind paying for good software at all, but when support is frequently taken away after buying hardware based on an available plug-in, buying the plug-in and building a system around it, it starts to feel a bit of a poor business model.

for what it’s worth though this plug in did work reliably and quick. It is quite limited though, there is no alert when the alarm is triggered nor does it allow remote arming.

Homeassistant uses mqtt to interface Texecom and is a much richer product feature. It is just as reliable but mqtt layer seems to introduce a bit of latency

Comment

No I made the switch to homeassistant some time ago.
        FYI, I also started AKHomeAssistant plugin https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...nt-plugin-hass

Comment

Just install Homeassistant and forget about homeseer. Your life will be a lot better after doing so.

Comment

Just install Homeassistant and forget about homeseer. Your life will be a lot better after doing so.
            That's a bit rude, it's personal choice. And I did install HASS obviously just to develop AKHomeAssistant.

Although first impression is nice, especially UI, and it found a lot of devices automatically, but that's all.

It requires a lot of manual fiddling to actually set up the devices, when in HS its mostly automated.

As somebody said, HS is a product, HA is a project.

Comment

More or less rude than spamming old posts so you can try sell your new pi? 🤭

Hass has an equally low technical barrier to entry as ha (they’re both incredibly easy) yet it does expose more options than ha if you choose to dig through use of yaml. They are both great ‘pro-sumer’ products sitting equally between apple/google style offerings and C4.

But…. the ha advocates conveniently forget the main difference…

The biggest difference is the business model. Ha relies on a commercial model for 3rd party devs to build and sell the pis but there is no guarantee they will remain supported or developed after taking your money. Take the example in this thread. I bought a Texecom alarm, had it installed and configured it after paying for the PI. Then the dev went awol and I had no support. It’s this complete lack of respect for the users (sometimes huge) investments that made me consider alternative platforms.

if ha wants to remain viable in the growing automation market it needs to fix this problem. Unsupported pics are a blight on an otherwise impressive product. Charging money for a product with no guarantee of support must change.

ha has an impressive legacy and I’d love to see it keep up with the times but I fear that putting users at the bottom of the pecking order is a strategy many technical companies sunsetted a decade ago

Comment

More or less rude than spamming old posts so you can try sell your new pi? 🤭
                Yes, I'm trying to sell more plugins, it's not spamming

Comment

Working...
                X