New Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Install

I just had an Nx8e installed and am trying to get connected.
    Did I rad the directions right that I need a crossover serial cable?

I had my alarm guy programthe panel, and I get a "connected" in the panel but it cant get all of the stuff from the get panel button. many of those boxes are red.

3/6/2010 8:44:08 AM - jvCaddx Plug-In Er - An unexpected error occured in the clsConfigLink1.vb, PagePut() function/subroutine: [System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at PanelRequests.getZoneNames(Int32 maxCount, Boolean MissingNamesOnly) at clsConfigLink.PagePut(String& data)]

Theres the error it shows in the homeseer log.

Any thoughts?

Mike

What does your connected say?

Does your connected say "Connected to nx8e" or something like that? Did you go through the config page and continue until you got an "Excellent News" message?
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Also...

Also,
      At the top of this forum there is a setup sticky. Did you look at that and try to follow it. If you are struggling with it post some screen images and we can help you through the setup.

Another useful message on this board is one that gives you a way to download some scripts to test your connection to the panel. Let us know what your experience with computers and with Homeseer so we can adjust our recommendations to match your experience.
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Im am extremely computer and networking literate. The serial communication with non-computer devices (and scripting) is where I am a total novice. My client and network skills are my strength.

Somehow I got this to work after doing the same things over and over again. So thanks for the response, I am pretty psyched since this is the stepping stone for my HA endeavors,

Do I need to convert the Caddx zones to HS devices manually? Not really that much of an issue, but I have alot of zones.

Thanks for the help, I am sure the questions have just begun, and thanks for the great work on the plugin.

Mike

Comment

If your communication is working correctly the plugin downloads the zone names from the pane and "inherts them" when you create the HS devices. As part of the config process you identify the HS devices that you want to use for you zones. Some people just use z1 to represent zone 1, etc. Others prefer to use house code b for bedroom g for garage etc.

Either way, once you have entered the desired HS device house/unit codes the plugin creates the HS devices inheriting the attributes from the panel. If you have gone through the config and did not get the "Excellent News" message you probably are missing something.
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Ok thats helpful, I did get the excellent news but I didnt have the program code input into the plugin (on the security settings page). Maybe that was what was keeping me from getting to this step. I willbe inputting the code today (had to get it from my security company). and maybe hat will allow me to change those house settings.

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Working...
            X