Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get Armed Stay to work

Hi,

I have just recently tried to setup auto arming of my alarm panel using homeseer. It tries to Arm away the panel but when it doesn't see the front door faulting it reverts to arm stay. Is there a setting I am missing.

cabbage

Is the front door really open? You normally need to close all doors before you can arm the system. However, some systems will allow you to over ride a zone and force arm it. I use this technique to arm my system regardless of the status of the garage door. To do this I had to program the garage door zone as "force armable". Now I can set the alarm even when the garage door is open, but I have to put in my access code in order to force arm it.

Comment

The Alarm works manually, with the door closed I arm the system, when I open the door it starts the exit timer and then arms the system. When I auto arm the system all zones are normal but it seems to be waiting for the front door to fault before it arms the system.

Cabbage

Comment

That is very odd. When you use the plugin to Arm the system are you using a script or an event? Can you arm it using the HS status screen?
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I am arming with an event, I will try with the status screen tomorrow and let you know.

cabbage

Comment

I am not clear on how your "manual" test worked. Can you verify for me that if you arm the system away via the panel and don't open any doors, that it does arm away properly. And by arm away are you hitting the "Exit" button?
            James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Also, as SIC0048 pointed out there are settings in the panel to change behaviour. There is a setting in the partition that will convert a "armed away" to an "armed stay" if you don't exit the premises. The setting description is below.

When enabled, the control panel can automatically bypass interior follower zones if an exit is not detected during the exit delay time.
              James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

James,

I had Auto Bypass set, removing it didn't solve the issue. From the JvCaddx log, when I get the problem it says closing user 97 and then sets the panel arm stay.

I logged in remotely disarmed the panel and arm awayed the panel and it worked this time it said closing user 1.

Is there something I have forgotten to set?

Cabbage

Comment

Buried at work this week/weekend. I will take a look early next week.
                  James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by cabbage View Post
                    James,

I had Auto Bypass set, removing it didn't solve the issue. From the JvCaddx log, when I get the problem it says closing user 97 and then sets the panel arm stay.

I logged in remotely disarmed the panel and arm awayed the panel and it worked this time it said closing user 1.

Is there something I have forgotten to set?

Cabbage
                    If I am understanding you correctly, are you saying that remotely arming will work but if you do it locally it wont?

If that is so, is there any possiblity that you are triggering a "motion sensor" while you are local? The plugin has no clue if the arming is done locally or remotely.
                    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
                    X