Question about event triggered from fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exactly what I found too.

However, some time after the reboot, the problem reappears, like mine just did about 24hours since the reboot.

Comment

I haven't experienced the issue after upgrading. I do no quite understand he process of polling the panel to get information. I notice in the config screens it mentions that some things take up to an hour to update? If I change something, such as a zone name, what is the timing and process for this updating in homeseer? Thanks

Comment

Frankly the polling process is unpredictable but mostly because I don't have all panels to test with. The way it is supposed to work is that it polls all zones one at a time from 1 to the max zones. The polling does slow down the longer HS is up. I think initially I was worried that the polling would get in the way of activity.

You can also go to the HS Status screen for a particular device/zone and click on the "Refresh from Panel" to get a more immediate refresh.
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by acutec View Post
          exactly what I found too.

However, some time after the reboot, the problem reappears, like mine just did about 24hours since the reboot.
          Can also tell me what the zone type and the house code is? Best case you can provide me a screen shot of the HS status page for that zone.

-----
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Hi James,

please see attached status screen. All the zones are housecode "z". However on the statusscreen it is capital "Z".

if I reboot the pc, all zones will fault and reset to normal . then after several hours, the communication seem to go deaf. This has only been happening in the last few months. I have been using this interface with your plugin successfully for several years now.
            Shall I revert back to an older version and see if it still happens ? If yes, how can I download an old version of the plugin ?

NOTE: all the zones showing faulted are incorrect as the caddx system is armed stay and all zones are normal (some internal zones are bypassed)

NOTE2: well it is not totally deaf cause I just punched in a keypad code to switch a light through homeseer and that worked !. it must then be only the zone updated to homeseer. shall I delete and recreate one of the devices which corresponds to a faulted zone ?
            Attached Files

Comment

I've actually experienced the problem myself. I am looking into it. Unfortunately I am slammed at work and have to work late often. I may need a couple of weekends to solve it.
              James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

James,

thanks for your effort. Just let me know if I can help. Maybe you have some ideas on interim data I can gather to assist your fault finding.

Andre

Comment

since my last comments, I "downgraded" to a previous version of the plugin - the one on the homeseer updater. The reset of triggered zones back to normal now works again, and all is fine.

It must be one of the beta versions .... if i have the time i'll try them sequentially and report which causes the issue.

Comment

I still haven't found time to look at it. If you do find any other clues. I would appreciate it.
                    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
                    X