Switching between HS and DL900 software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching between HS and DL900 software

Does anyone know which location changes I need to make to get the PC to talk with the alarm panel (NX8E) using the DL900 software?

I have some programming changes to make and I have always just used the keypad but would like to try the software. The DL900 will not talk to the panel with the same settings that are used for HS.

At least thats what I'm guessing it is. Plugin works great.

Hoping its just a simple location change that I can move back and forth when I want to program or run the plugin.

Also if there was a plug in pause to allow the DL900 programming w/o shutting down HS that would be great. Kinda like the one used for the UPB.

Thanks

-Tim
    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
    Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Not sure if you figured it out but there is a "Disconnect" button in the config that would let you free up the com port so you can use DL900. This would allow you to stop the plugin without having to shutdown HS. You will get some "nag" messages in the HS log about the comport being closed but you can ignore them.

BTW, my apologies for missing this message. I normally rely on my e-mail and I must have missed the notice for this new message.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Thanks James.

I had not figured it out yet. Thanks for the info.

I'm having trouble getting the DL900 talking to the panel though.

It's working fine with your plug-in. I'm guessing there are some settings in the panel that I need to toggle. I tried it for a couple of hours a few weeks ago and didn't have any luck.

Is there a common configuration for the panel that allows communication with DL900 and HS?

-Tim
      -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
      Way2 Call
      Elk M1 Gold
      UPB HAI switches
      HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

I've never used the dl900 using the rs232 connection. I've always used either the ethernet module or the nx586. But from what I understand you need to communicate to DL900 using binary if you are using the rs232 connection. The plugin requires ascii communication. That setting is something you would need to set using the keypad.
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
        X