Help with the JV Caddx Plug-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with the JV Caddx Plug-In

I don't even know where to begin! I sure hope my problems are all related.

NX-8 with a 584. Windows XP

1st - what does work....
    I can arm and disarm.
    The plug in received a couple of zone names from the panel.... a couple.
    The zones in "status" show accurate "faulted" and "normal" states.

2nd - what doesn't....
    The plug in received a couple of zone names from the panel..... a couple
    I created a simple event that has "Mary" announce that the Basement door is open when zone 17 is faulted between 10pm and 5am ..... it doesn't work and I can't figure out why. (all my non-JV Caddx plug-in events work fine.

clues....
    I shut down the plug-in as instructed. I run the following script and receive the following error

12/11/2010 7:03:08 PM System Control Panel Immediate Script: &hs.run "caddxOpenCom.txt"
    12/11/2010 7:03:08 PM Error In OpenComPort, error opening port: Unable to obtain a handle to the COM port
    12/11/2010 7:03:08 PM Error opening COM14 Error: Unable to obtain a handle to the COM port

I followed the panel setup instructions and double checked it -

I'm at a loss and I don't know what additional information is needed to diagnose the problem.

Please help.

How is your nx584 connected to your computer. Are you using a com port, a usb to r232, or a serial to ethernet server?

The names really don't affect the plugin at all so please don't spend a lot of time worrying about that. It is a known issue that some of the names don't download properly on the nx8.

1) When you installed the plugin in did you get the "excellent news" message? 2) Did you assign a HS device to all your zones? Did you as normal house code rather than a plugin in house code?

A screeen print of the zones on the settings page would also help.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

BTW, on the script issue, you do have to change it to the same com port as the plugin. The message says comport 14 which I doubt is your com port. Is it?
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

my 584 is connected via null modem serial cable to com 1 - I made each zone v1 v2 etc.... What did you mean when you said " Did you as normal house code rather than a plugin in house code?"?

Comment

Plugin house code

Normal house codes are a-z. Plugin house codes are special characters such as #,~`@&*

When the plugin is initialized it assigns the next available house code such as #. Some people use that same house code for the zones and it confuses HS and the plugin. I see that you are using a house code of "v" which should be fine.

Since your plugin can arm/disarm and shows accurate zone information then you don't have any issues with communications and you don't need to worry about the script. It seems the only issue is your event on the basement door. Any chance you can post an image of the event or post exactly what it says for the trigger?
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
          X