Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to detect loss of comm port connection

James,

A few times recently I have lost comms with the caddx panel, I was able to reconnect using the connect button on the config page.

My question is how can I determine if the connection is lost, Is there a way I can use a variable to determine connection status and maybe time since last awk?

Cheers,

Cabbage

The plugin does try to reconnect if it loses connection. It usually waits 10 minutes or so and puts all kinds of messages in the log. How long was it disconnected? It might be useful to have a an HS trigger or condition for a connection loss. Let me know.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

First off I know nothing about the CADDX.
      Second - if you are running HS 2.5.0.0 to 2.5.0.4 I suggest you go up to 2.5.0.5 or later. 0~4 had some comm port goofiness.

I had an Ocelot issue for a while.
      Is there a HS device that is associtated with the CADDX that is changes the "Last Change" status on a regular basis? If so you can make a reoccuring event that makes sure the device is changing.

Trigger a script like this every 5 minutes or so.

PHP Code:
      Sub Main
      if hs.DeviceTime("[15") > 205 then

'Put in code here to alert you of the issue or code to auto recover the CADDX

end if
      End Sub 
      Attached Files

~Bill

Comment

James,

It was disconnected at one stage for a few hours, I saw from the log it had noticed it was not connected but it did not reconnect. The issue seems to have dissappeared but I would like to have something in place in case it returns.

Cabbage.

Bill,

I am on version 2.4.0.11, I did look at a script for this but to my knowledge there is no device which can be used for all alarm conditions.

Comment

I am not sure why it didn't auto-reconnect and the manual reconnect worked.
          What would you like to see as a notification? I could look at an e-mail option or trigger an "event". Let me know.
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

James,

As I said it hasn't happened in a while but if you could provide me with the option to trigger an event if comms have been down for X minutes that would be great.

Cabbage

Comment

Working...
            X