Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypad Sounder Control

James,
    Is there a means to control the KeyPad sounder with the plugin?
    Jim

Not of the top of my head...

I know, I looked into it before and didn't readily find a way to do that.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Yeah- I probably asked you before. This is a WAF issue. My cat's home alone and often the alarm will trip- no Sirens but just the Keypad sounders. I have seven keypads and only a few have the sounders turned on. Anyway, my wife worries that it disturbs the cat so she remotely Disarms/Arms to turn the keypad sounders off. I have set up HSTouch to control the alarm (thanks to your great plugin!) and was thinking it would be great to status and control the sounders.
      No big deal...
      Jim

Comment

I had a similar problem with my mountain cabin. The keypad would trigger because of power issues and I worried about having it sounding for days/weeks and maybe annoying the neighbor's in the quiet of night.

I am not sure when but at some point over the last few releases I added an event condition that will trigger when a "keypad is sounding". I have the plugin e-mail me when the condition occurs and I remotely I disarm /re-arm the alarm. Normally that takes care of it. Sometimes, I have to "disarm" twice (a panel requirement).

I haven't tried to automatically arm/disarm in the event of the keypad sounding but I can't think of any reason that would not work. That option might work for you. Take a look at it and let me know if you have any questions.
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Ok! Now that you mentioned it I do remember seeing that. I will play with that and report back.
          Jim

Comment

James,
            I tried to trigger an event with the "Keypad Sounder" and it didn't work. I have seven keypads and some of the sounders I have disabled. With multiple keypads all on partition 1, which Keypad Sounder does the plugin monitor? I made sure when I set the trigger up it was for partition 1.
            Jim

Comment

Just to be sure...

My event is set up as a "condition" event. Which means
              1) The condition checkbox is set
              2) "jvCaddx Plugin Partition" is selected and added to group1
              3) Partition 1 is selected and the status "Keypad Sounding" is selected

Since it is a condition, it could HS take up to 1 minute for it to trigger (if I remember correctly) and that would be after the panel has notified the plugin via the log (which is much slower than a fault).

I would leave it triggered for 2 minutes before I would say it doesn't work. Can you try that and let me know.
              James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Attached is my current Trigger for the event. It was tripped for about 10 minutes before I remotely disarmed. The keypads were beeping as I "listened in" to the house and could hear them beeping. The event should have disarmed, wait 10 seconds and then armed if it got triggered. Reviewing the log, this event never triggered. I will do more of a controlled test when I get home.
                I am struggling with the auto disarm/arm as it leaves the house exposed. I may just revert (as you did) to an email.
                I will report back.
                Jim
                Attached Files

Comment

Mine is set up differently. The "Trigger type" is a "condition". Not a jvCaddx Partition. Not at home and cannot take a screen print. I will when I get home but maybe you can disable this event and create one that starts with a "Trigger type" of "Condition".

Logically, your setup should work but I do remember it not working for me either.
                  James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Actally I think if I translate your setup it is saying

When you set the panel to arm away and if the keypad is sounding then.....

I think that is why you have to star with the trigger type of "condition".
                    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Yes I agree. I questioned the trigger as "Armed Away" and then the conditions. I have changed it to a "Conditional Trigger" with the two conditional requirements. I also chnanged the event to be an email vice disarm/alarm.
                      I will report back.
                      Jim

Comment

Originally posted by ka7gzr View Post
                        Yes I agree. I questioned the trigger as "Armed Away" and then the conditions. I have changed it to a "Conditional Trigger" with the two conditional requirements. I also chnanged the event to be an email vice disarm/alarm.
                        I will report back.
                        Jim
                        This worked great!

Comment

Great news. Thanks for the update.
                          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
                          X