My Caddx fried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Caddx fried?

I had a power failure and I started getting errors in homeseer. I power cycled the caddx and I cannot connect to it using the DL9000 software - gives me a comm error. At the keypad it appears to be working - it asked me to set the time, which I did, and it worked. Does this mean the board is working?

I connect through the FX586 or something like that.

The initial error I get on homeseer startup is:

3/14/2011 7:40:17 AM - jvCaddx Plug-In Er - An unexpected error occured in the jvComOpen() function/subroutine: [System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port 'COM3' is denied. at System.IO.Ports.InternalResources.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace) at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Open() at comModule.jvComOpen(String& port)]

Your com port could have changed on the power glitch. Also try rebooting the HomeSeer server.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks. I did this and things seem to have improved

Comment

Good to hear. Let us know if you still have trouble.
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
        X