bypass/unbypass action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bypass/unbypass action

I have an event setup to bypass the motion detector in a room when the z-wave lock of the front door is engaged. This generally means that the panel has been armed, I exited through this door and engaged the lock. We keep our cat in that room and it has a tendency to trip the motion. This works. I also have the opposite event setup which is when the front door is unlocked that motion/zone is set to unbypass. That doesn't work. I can see in the event log that the event triggers buty the zone doesn't go back to normal.

I've solved this by setting up two different events one to bypass the zone when the panel arms and one to unbypass the zone when the panel disarms. I'm just curious as to why my unbypass event is failing under the first scenario.

Paul

I am not sure I am completely understanding but I think what you are pointing out is panel issue and not a plugin in issue. Can you try to do the same thing manually using a keypad making sure the panel is in the same status.

In my panel I cannot bypass/unbypass while the panel is armed. Let me know if I mis-understood.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

James, when I was doing this testing it was with the panel in a disarmed state. I was really just locking and unlocking the front door trying to get that zone to bypass and unbypass. It seemed to bypass properly but the unbypass event wasn't working

Comment

That might be a bug. Let me take a look this weekend.
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I took a look at this and found that sometimes it can take a full minute or two to actually execute the unbypass function. I am not sure why. I've posted a beta version that fixes some of this. Do you think you could try it and let me know if it is any better. Can you delete and re-add the jvCadd actions? Thanks.
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

sure, I can give that a try this weekend. Being kind of new to the system I'm not sure of how to install your beta plugin outside of the normal updater process. Can you give me some guidance on that? Is it just a matter of dropping a new .dll file somewhere or is there more to it than that? Thanks!

Comment

I think you have it right. To install the beta all you do is
              1.Shutdown HS
              2. Replace the dll (save the old one if you like but you can always just re-install from the updater)
              3. Re-start HS
              James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
              X