Last Fault Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Fault Time

First, thanks for all your hard work for the Plug-In. It's worth all the $$$ I paid.

Question:
    I want to get the fault time of a motion sensor. I see the info is collected by the plug-in and in the debug window for the sensor is shown as "Last Fault."
    Is there a jvcaddx function I can call to get the value?
    What I want to do is trigger something if the time between the last 2 motion faults is less than x time.

Thanks in advance.

Currently the plugin doesn't provide any last fault date/time info. You can get the last faulted device via scripting.

If I understand what you want to accomplish, it seems to me that you should be able to accomplish what you are trying to do just with the HS devices and events available.

There are triggers available for any fault or if the partition becomes faulted. You could use that trigger and run your test. If you want to provide me a specific example I could help you set up the event. Ideally an example that is more than theory. Something like if the front door and the front window ......

If it turns out that it won't work with existing stuff, I could easily add more scripting or triggers. Let me know.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

This is all because of a cat...
      I have an outdoor motion sensor that cannot be mounted to specifications to allow for pet immunity, etc. This is because the sensor is mounted to the eave at an angle and so the masking for small animals do not work.

The setup is such that when motion is detected, an IP camera wired to the motion sensor as a DI input takes a snapshot and emails it. At the same time, a barking dog wav file is played on all speaker devices in the house. All is well until the neighbor's cat decides to walk across the yard...at 3am and Sparky starts barking; albeit a little quieter than usual.

What I was thinking is to change my trigger so that it requires the motion sensor to fault twice within a certain time, say 5 seconds. I was thinking since the plug-in knows the last fault time, I can just trigger the event if current fault time - last fault time is > 5 seconds.

I supposed I can setup a virtual device and use it as a flag to mirror the motion fault info but I was hoping I can just access the value in the plug-in.
      Maybe, I'm doing this all wrong and there's a better logic to use. If so, I welcome suggestions.

Hope all the above makes sense and thanks again.
      Last edited by Wonton; May 3, 2011, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Try that. If it becomes to cumbersome, let me know and I will see what I can do.
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
        X