X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using a caddx NX-8F

Hi!

The NX-8F is a caddx unit for France.
    I believe it could be slightly different from regular NX-8.

Mine is hooked to a JDS-Stargate for years with no problems.
    I only had to ask GE for the ascii code to be send for "Home mode", as the one sent from Stargate for US versions was not functional.

My Stargate is getting very old, ans had already lost some of its functions.
    I am trying to migrate most of it directly to Homeseer.

After reading the description of the JVcaddx, I installed the JVCaddx plugin, and could connect to the NX-584 unit immedialtly, but with errors and a help text for setting the NX-584.
    I have changed these settings with DL-900 (and double-checked), but still have the same situation.
    So,
    1- Could this be because my caddx is a french version ?
    2- Could this be implemented in your plugin ?

The plugin really looks great, I hope I can use it.
    Thanks, by advance
    Pierre
    Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

To develop it better:
    Here is a screen copy of The DL-900, configuration page for NX-584.

I wonder if the fact that the names where translated could mistake the plugin....(They also include accentuated characters...)

Comment

The translation of the names shouldn't have any impact because I communicate with the panel based on location of the data and not the name. Is the "F" represent French or is it a "fire panel". There is fire version of the caddx panel that I've seen on eBay and I don't think will work with the plug in.

Did you try the scripts that I have on the forum? Those just test basic communication. If you can get those to work then we should be able to take the next step to see how your panel is communicating.

One other thing, if you are using the nx584 to connect both the plugin and the DL900, it won't work. The plugin requires ASCII communication while the DL900 requires binary.
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

James, thank you very much for your answer.

You put me on my way when talking about the nx-584, and I realised I was trying to use the acii output of the caddx over its NX-586 Direct connect, wich is not suitable for automation.
        After _some_time to set the NX-584 pinout correctly, I am now on my way with the plugin, detection of panel and zones is ok !

I take tis opportunity to congratulate you for the way the plugin presents options to user, and great guidance.
        I wish all plugins where as much user-friendly, and we are talking about a free plugin!
        Thanks again, I am thrilled to have everything setup and cannot wait anymore to dig into it!

Pierre

Comment

Thank you for the kind words.
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Bad news

After a few minutes where I could see my zones close/open and could even arm the system, the plugin crashes Homeseer every few minutes...
            I first thought the accentuated characters in the zone names could be culprit as they do not import well, so I changed that, with no success.

I can see messages from the plugin in HS.log for a few minutes, then CRASH.
            Here are the plugin's log that I just turned on.
            Thanks by advance for your help
            Attached Files

Comment

What version are you running? The latest beta does cause crashes for some users. I think the version .29 is pretty stable. In the meantime, I will look at your logs.
              James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

The logs aren't telling me anything. I would like to see the actual hs.log if you wouldn't mind sending it (it might contain private info, so please look at it first).

I may need to send you a debug version but will need to understand what is happening.
                James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Thank you for your answer.
                  I have tried the three latest releases with no success
                  When I installed the plugin at first some zone names had accentuated characters in them.
                  I have changed that using DL900, but the plugin crashes before updating their names.
                  I am pretty used to be the first to have problems when using accentuated characters in HS, and I got rid of the accents in HS, but forgot to do so for the caddx zone names. I have the feeling thois is my problem.
                  Using version 1.4.41.39204, I have new entries in HS log with errors.(time 07:49)
                  Also the hspi_jvcaddx plug-in_debug8 shows error with wrong characters.
                  I wish I could wipe out all zones, the create them again, but, except wiping out the HS devices, I don't now if this can be achieved.
                  I enclose the logs and thank you again.
                  Pierre
                  Attached Files

Comment

You can
                    1. Delete all the HS devices that hopefully you created with the plugin
                    2. Go to the plugin setup and there should be a button telling you to "create devices"
                    3. The plugin should re-create the devices using the new zone names.

If in fact the characters are causing the problem that should make the problem go away.

I will take a look at your log and see why it is crashing HS. It should provide an error message and not crash. Let me know if the above is successful.
                    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Hi,

I have deleted the devices already, with no luck.
                      HS crashes very fast now, I hardly have enough time to disable the plugin ..
                      It made me also discover what HSsentry was....

Here are the logs, errors of course.

Thank you for taking care
                      Pierre
                      Attached Files

Comment

If I understand you correctly you used DL900 to delete the invalid names from the panel. And you have attempted to delete the HS devices but the plugin still crashes. Here are some options to try.

1. Start over with the plugin by shutting down HS, deleting the jvCaddx directory from the homeseer data directory, deleting the hspi_jvcaddx.dll from the homeseer directory. Reinstall the plugin
                        2. Fix the names in the jvCaddxDB.mdb database. Shut down homeseer and edit the jvCaddxDB.mdb file in the data directory using MS Access and fixing all the names to replace the characters that the plugin is failing to handle.
                        3. Wait until I come up with a patch that lets the plugin be smart enough to handle those errors more gracefully.

I would recommend #1 as the most likely to succeed. Let me know what you decide.
                        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Ok
                          I just did #1 and still ghave the problem.

One thing I do not get is that despite I am totaly sure I updated the names using DL900, it seems that they are back the same bad way.
                          I have to connect with DL900 again to make sure...
                          Here are the new logs, look at 20:54:30
                          Thanks
                          Attached Files

Comment

Remember the DL900 requires you to "send" the info to the panel. Do you have an LCD keypad? What does it show?
                            James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I have been there and I probably did not upload the configuration at first. All should be set now for the zone names
                              Right now, after deleting the files and updating with hs updater, I could enable the plugin, but when I try to use he config page (/setup/interfaces/JvCaddxplugin/config) Hs suddenly crashes
                              I can restart again, see messages in the log than it crashes again, but it seems things are going more far each time

Comment

Working...
                              X