Help with error message.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with error message.

I am just trying to get started using the cadx plugin. It seems to be working but I'm getting this error repeatedly. Can anyone tell we what this error is from.

10/25/2011 1:25:00 PM ~!~jvCaddx Plug-In Error~!~An unexpected error occured in the ConditionCheck() function/subroutine: [System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at HSPI_JVCADDX.HSPI.ConditionCheck(String& cond_str)]
    10/25/2011 1:26:00 PM ~!~jvCaddx Plug-In Error~!~An unexpected error occured in the ConditionCheck() function/subroutine: [System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at HSPI_JVCADDX.HSPI.ConditionCheck(String& cond_str)]
    10/25/2011 1:26:00 PM ~!~jvCaddx Plug-In Error~!~An unexpected error occured in the ConditionCheck() function/subroutine: [System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at HSPI_JVCADDX.HSPI.ConditionCheck(String& cond_str)]
    10/25/2011 1:27:00 PM ~!~jvCaddx Plug-In Error~!~An unexpected error occured in the ConditionCheck() function/subroutine: [System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at HSPI_JVCADDX.HSPI.ConditionCheck(String& cond_str)]
    10/25/2011 1:27:00 PM ~!~jvCaddx Plug-In Error~!~An unexpected error occured in the ConditionCheck() function/subroutine: [System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at HSPI_JVCADDX.HSPI.ConditionCheck(String& cond_str)]

The condition check error has to do with a condition that you have created for an event. A couple of basic questions

1. Did you complete the setup until you got the "excellent news" message using the config page?
    2. Did you use the plugin to create your HS devices
    3. Are you able to arm/disarm? Turn off/on chime, bypass zones, etc?

If all those are true and you set up an event using a jvCaddx condition you may have exposed a bug. I would need to see a screen print of the condition that you set up to try to debug it.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Thank you

I did setup up the plugin correctly. Thanks to your message, I started looking at my events that used the plugin. Error was being cause by not having a Partition number entered in a condition. I had left it blank. I changed it partition to 1 and error went away. Without your reply I don't think I would have figured out where to look. Thank you very much. Maybe to make things more idiot proof a log message like "event error" or better yet, don't allow saving an event with a blank partition number if it causes an error.

Comment

I agree. I will try to put some more graceful error handling in the user interface.
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
        X