Diagnosing door sensor that keeps firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diagnosing door sensor that keeps firing

I have a sensor in my front door that repeatedly faults (about every 5 minutes or so) when the door is open. It is fine when the door is closed. I am trying to diagnose this but I am not sure where to look? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Busy until about 5 tonight but I take a look then.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I'm not sure if the panel is sending the fault repeatedly or if the plugin is repeatedly reporting it as a a fault when it is in the fault stage. I don't really know how to check the panel to see if this is the case - not being much of an expert on Caddx. Thanks.

Comment

Hi, I wanted to bump this one again as I am sitting here right now and the event keeps triggering! I have a simple event that runs when the Front Door sensor is faulted - and it says "Front Door Open". The front door is currently open, and the event is going off about every 5 minutes or so. Is this something to do with the zone type? Or is it something to do with the timeout on wireless sensors (which I am using on the doors) - I recall that they report a fault and then don't do it for a while to save battery? The desired behavior is that homeseer tell me the door is open when it opens and then don't do it again until the door is closed and then opened again.

Comment

bump again

Comment

Working...
          X