Issue with wireless sensors - nx-650n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with wireless sensors - nx-650n

I have two wireless door sensors and I have added them to the panel with a zone Type 3. When they are triggered I get Faulted in the status - which is good. But when they are idle I get Troubled. I am not able to get a Normal status from them? Any ideas on how to resolve this? Thanks.

when you say they are idle.. you get faulted...

so do you mean.. alarm not set... it sits there and gives a faulted?
    if so do you have it set to the right grouping?

i know i just reset my alarm to factory due to a PITA issue I was having.. my issue is gone for the most part.. i just dont have my water sensor in.. when I add it.. it says it is open and i cant arm the alarm... i set it to group 38 which is for water sensors.. but cant get it... i got to get back to that...
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

No, I am doing all of the testing without setting the alarm. I cannot currently set the alarm as these zones have issues. So with the alarm not set, and the sensors not triggered (idle state) - I am getting Troubled in Homeseer. When I trigger the sensors (move the magnets away from the receiver) I get a Faulted state - which is good. My issue is when the magnets are next to the receivers (door closed) I get Troubled. I have set these as a zone type 3 - the same as all of my other wireless receivers on doors. I cannot figure out why these two units show troubled? Thanks.

Comment

Bumping...

Still cannot figure this out. I have 5 wireless transmitters installed and working without any issues - I think they are NX-454 and 2 of the recessed kind. I have them setup as Zone Type 3:

Delay 1
        Keypad Audible
        Yelping Siren
        Chime
        Bypassable
        Dialer Delay
        Swinger Zone
        Restore Report
        Listen-in

I added two new transmitters - (60-362N) and assigned them to the same Zone Type. They do chime when they activate but they show troubled when the panel is not armed.

Do these switches require different settings? Thanks.

Comment

ok so you mention troubled in homeseer... it is troubled on the panel too right?

what group do you have it set to..
          i have to look at mine.. going to eat then will..

i know i have mine on zone 1... then i think 13 for grouping or something like that... it is the type....
          i didnt find it in the manual.. but found it somewhere else on google....

ill post back in a few...

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

when i edit my sensors i show..

doors
            S1 P1 G10 NC RF - Door 1
            S2 P1 G10 NC RF - Door 2
            S3 P1 G10 NC RF - Door 3
            S1 P1 G13 NC RF - Window 1

so S for device number..
            P1 - Partition 1
            G10 - Doors
            G13 - windows
            NC - No Connect
            RF - Wireless

so one thing i found out is these things can be tricky... my water sensor.. i had to program it tripped.. put a wet towel on the contacts to short it when i learned it in and now it works.. that is what i was having problems with...

doors and windows... i had issues with on when they would trip... i googled and found those numbers above.....

try 10 if door or 13 if window..

other thing i read was for doors and windows.. keep them closed then learn it in... so it sets the default NC or i forget the other one.. but it isnt something you can choose..

hope that helps some...
            now i have to program in my glass breaks... and then im good to go...
            so i have to find that chart again... grrr

Comment

Thanks for the response. The keypads also show the sensors as troubled so Homeseer is reporting the same status as the panel.

I am not sure what you mean by Grouping? Is this in the homeseer setup or in the DL900 setup?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X