Some Assistance Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Assistance Needed

As previously stated in another thread, I am a new HS user. I finally got all of my interfaces up and running, including the much needed jvCaddx plug-in. My Hometroller and NX-8e panel are now talking nicely to each other. I'm in the midst of designing my first screens for HS Touch and I need some help with the screens that pertain to the alarm.

My goal is to have a screen where you can simply touch buttons that say Alarm Stay or Alarm Away if the alarm is disarmed and ready and make the action happen. There is no need to do these action using a code. However, disarming does need to be done with the disarm code. I'm starting out with the simple passcode keypad built into the Default/Custom folder. My thought was to use the digits entered (which show in the text window as small place holder blobs) and have them updated as the value of a virtual device. Then my thoughts are to have an event that looks for the updated device value and if correct, subsequently disarms the panel followed immediately by a clearing of the virtual device value. However, I'm not sure this is the correct way to make this happen.

Also, I am using the text value of the device 'Panel Control' to show the alarm status on my main screen, but instead of just saying Armed or Disarmed, it says "DisarmedDisarmed by User1" or "Armed StayArmed Stay by User 1". Is there any way to simply make it show 'Disarmed' or 'Armed Stay'?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm willing to invest in a phone call to have someone walk me through this is neecessary.

Did you take a look at the examples in the "sticky thread"? I have some info there on how to setup HS Touch.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Yep. Got it up and running. Not sure what the WAF will be with the lookalike Caddx keypad. I suspect that I'll gain points if I can make it work using a simpler set up of a pass-coded screen with thre buttons: Arm, Arm Stay and Disarm.

Comment

Working...
      X