Recommend a serial port PCI card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend a serial port PCI card?

Searched around on the forum and couldn't find any references to brands/models of PCI cards used...can anyone recommend a serial port PCI card that they are using currently that works?

I have a custom built PC running windows 7 64-bit and I bought a Rosewill model RC-301 card with dual ports but can't seem to connect over either port to my nx-584 module using the DL900 software

I have tested the connection with an older laptop (winXP) and an on-board serial port and it can connect without issue using the DL900 software.

I'm using a RocketPort PCI 8 Port card.
    http://www.comtrol.com/pub/products/category/cid/67

I bought it on ebay several years ago. I currently have 3 of the ports in use. I've never had any trouble with the card.
    When I upgraded my HS server from win xp to win 7, I was prepared to have lots of trouble getting drivers for the card since due to how long I have had the card. It turned out to be the easiest thing about the upgrade. Win 7 found the card and it just worked right from the start.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I can second the Rocketport 8 port PCI card. I've been using mine (purchased used) for at least 6 years and have 6 of 8 in use. Never a problem. Drivers are also automatic in Windows 2003 as in Windows 7.

Mine doesn't have the octopus cable with 9 pin serials, it is 8 RJ-14 ports. This means all the hardware handshaking pins aren't available, so it won't work with my Napco Security system that requires a 9 pin serial.

The Rocketport comes with a number of utilities to monitor and test the ports as well.

Great card. Rock solid.

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
        I'm using a RocketPort PCI 8 Port card.
        http://www.comtrol.com/pub/products/category/cid/67
        Thanks! Hopefully I can find one on ebay too...the prices on the comtrol site seem a little high.

Comment

Working...
        X