Unable to add device for partition 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to add device for partition 2

I have most of my zones in partition 1 however my overhead garage door is in partition 2. The plugin sees that door as zone 11 in the panel however gives me unable to add device error anytime I try to assign a homeseer device code to it. I've tried multiple codes with no luck.
    Christopher
    PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

In my system the plug-in created a separate Location for zones not in Partition 1. It's named 'jvCaddx Temp'. The HS device codes were created normally in all other respects, and they behave normally as well, just with a different Location name.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I finally nailed it down.. Somehow homeseer must keep track of when device codes were once used and not release them for plugin usage.. I had deleted a bunch of devices a while back that were used by scripts.. the scripts were deleted also.. evidently I cant re-assign those device codes .. when I assigned a device code for my zone that was above what the previous ones had been it worked perfectly..

I thought once a device was deleted all traces of it were gone... must not be the case..

-Christopher
      PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

That's interesting. I know that I've deleted plug-ins and the associated device codes were then reused by another plug-in. Have you looked at the Code List Page to see if that shows the device codes as being in use?

I wonder if a Save As of the HS database would release the unused device codes?
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

whats the code list page? I looked at the 'status' page of HS that shows all my devices and their values..

-Christopher

Comment

Working...
          X