Transition Messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transition Messages

I've had my NX-8e up and running with HS2/jvcaddx for a while now and it is solid as a rock. But it is just doing the basics of Home/stay/away type controls.

I seem to recall that I can set the NX-8e to report all "transitions" including ones that don't trigger an alarm. Which I assume means I can track what doors are opened, motion sensors tripped, etc.

Does anyone use this? I see that I need to set Location 210 to enable this, but do I need to do anything in HS2/jvcaddx to use these events?

Thanks

I use the feature and it works very well. It's been some time since I set it up, but I think you need to explicitly tell the plug-in the House Code to use for the zone devices and then to start the search for zone information. You may also have to add/edit zone names. After setup, you should see Zone Trigger as a trigger type and Zone Actions in the jvCADDX actions menu.

The key piece that I remember is that it takes the plug-in some time - many minutes - to complete the zone setup process, so it's helpful to be patient. Go away and let it work. It's done in the background so HS continues to function normally.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
    X