Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alexa

    Any way of enabling a flag to all Amazon Alexa voice control for this device. One on my garage doors has a standard Z Wave garage door controller and I can use Alexa to open / close it, but the Myq device will not show up in Alexa.

    Thanks,
    Andy

  • #2
    This feature was enabled in the past couple of updates. You will have to make sure you are running the latest version. Then you may have to delete your garage door devices and let them get recreated. Then go into the Alexa app and have it rediscover the Homeseer devices.

    Comment


    • #3
      Found the problem... The device when created made the controls with Unlock door and Lock Door. They needed to be changed to on and off for Alexa to discover them.


      Thanks again,
      Andy

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Aundee View Post
        Found the problem... The device when created made the controls with Unlock door and Lock Door. They needed to be changed to on and off for Alexa to discover them.


        Thanks again,
        Andy
        Thanks, I did not actually know this. I will change them to on/off in the next update. Of course manually changing them will work fine too.

        Comment


        • #5
          I have this working, but have to say lock/unlock instead of "open" or "close". These parameters see correct for it to work... what am I missing?

          thanks!

          Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-11-26 150445.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	1342733

          Comment


          • #6
            EDIT: just found this solution using routines.

            https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/se...d-off-to-close

            Comment


            • #7
              TomGru, can you elaborate on how you did this with a routine? I have tried but I cannot find an action that allows me to call the On command for my Garage Door.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by smcneill View Post
                TomGru, can you elaborate on how you did this with a routine? I have tried but I cannot find an action that allows me to call the On command for my Garage Door.
                Sure.... once you see your device in the Alexa app (per your other thread)….

                Click on that device... in my case it shows up as "garage door" and is a switch (on/off).
                at the bottom after you open, there should be an option to "create a routine" - click on that. "your routines" should come up in the app
                Click the "+" to create a new routine... call it what you want.
                in "when this happens" / when you say - put in "Alexa, open the garage door"
                Add the action to turn your garage door switch to ON

                repeat with another routine to close the door.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Perfect thanks Tomgru! I got it setup now with a routine to Open and close, versus on and off!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by smcneill View Post
                    Perfect thanks Tomgru! I got it setup now with a routine to Open and close, versus on and off!
                    Awesome

                    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X