2 MyQ devices show up under devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 MyQ devices show up under devices

I have been battling with this issue for months and was just patiently waiting for a release that would address this. I have tried to delete the device, completely remove MyQ plugin and delete device, and in the latest version just released do a full reset. No matter what when I enable the MyQ plugin the device appears with the same ID, name, etc as before. The funny thing is the device does not have any control of the garage door and also does not update the status. I sent debug info over in hopes that this will help narrow down the issue. Fingers crossed that we can get this resolved and I can start enjoying a stable MyQ plugin.

Thanks,

Paul

Hello and thanks for posting.

So I actually spent a lot of time adding a new set of features to this version that is designed specifically just to help us get to the bottom of your scenario. One new feature I call the Raw Data Browser. It is a tool I build into the settings page to be able to see the data that is coming from the MyQ server before I do any processing to it.

In order to use this feature to help find the root cause.
    • Open the plugin configuration page for the plugin.
    • Goto the 3rd tab on the configuration page called 'debug'
    • You will notice a drop down labeled 'devices'. This drop down is populated with the data coming from the server exactly as the plugin receives it.
    • Cycle through the different devices of the browser and note the data changes below in the listing. This data is the raw information that is sent to the plugin.

I would like you to go through the different devices and make a note as to if you see the duplicate devices in this data or not. If you do not see the duplicate devices then they are an artifact of a bug located within my plugin and I can track it down using the newly redesigned 'Submit Debug Data' button. If you do see the duplicate devices in the raw data, then we need to find out some way to identify the valid device from the invalid device. Go through the attributes of the different devices and see if you can let me know which one of these are valid and which is the invalid device .

--Edit--

I have looked at the debug data and if you notice on the raw data on the Raw Data Browser there is actually a false garage door being sent to the plugin with a blank description. This appears to be the ghost device that is showing up as a myq device. The question now is, why is this device being sent in the raw data from MyQ? I don't see any way to distinguish it from the other devices other than the fact that the descrption attribute is blank. I could rewrite the plugin to ignore all devices with a description attribute of blank, but this may affect others who actually have a valid device.

Ideas?
    Last edited by kingfetty; October 26th, 2017, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Also... you noted that you submited debug data. Have changed the new setting for forum name to include your forum name in the data yet? If not, either set this setting and resubmit the data or private message me the email address that is used to login to the plugin. This way I can identify which debug data is yours.

Edit -
      Nevermind, I see the data and that you have set your forum name property. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply and detailed info. Looking at the debug tab in my configuration I can see 2 items listed: 1) {PLACE_ID_I_SETUP} 2) Garage Door Opener . These in fact correspond with the "Place" and "Device" setup in mychamberlin.com . I am not sure if that helps, but from what I see in the debug tab it seems that your plugin interprets each of those as a separate devices. It appears that the "Place" sends attributes related to the gateway itself and the "Devices" send attributes related to something called "VGDO". I will send you a PM with screen shots.

I am happy to work through this with you to help find a solution. I know that these types of integrations are cumbersome to maintain especially with an uncooperative vendor e.g. Chamberlain.

Comment

Originally posted by pohoda View Post
          Thanks for the quick reply and detailed info. Looking at the debug tab in my configuration I can see 2 items listed: 1) {PLACE_ID_I_SETUP} 2) Garage Door Opener . These in fact correspond with the "Place" and "Device" setup in mychamberlin.com . I am not sure if that helps, but from what I see in the debug tab it seems that your plugin interprets each of those as a separate devices. It appears that the "Place" sends attributes related to the gateway itself and the "Devices" send attributes related to something called "VGDO". I will send you a PM with screen shots.

I am happy to work through this with you to help find a solution. I know that these types of integrations are cumbersome to maintain especially with an uncooperative vendor e.g. Chamberlain.
          You should see a third blank item listed also... This is the ghost device... If you select it you'll see the properties for it actually populate also.

Here's my thought process. I think I'm going to integrate a check-box into the raw browser that lets you optionally exclude that device from being built. This way people can opt-out of devices they don't want.

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Yes you are right. I missed that one. I will shoot over a PM with a screen shot of that as well. I was thinking that same thing with an option to hide the ghost device on per user basis.

Comment

Originally posted by pohoda View Post
                Yes you are right. I missed that one. I will shoot over a PM with a screen shot of that as well. I was thinking that same thing with an option to hide the ghost device on per user basis.
                I'll work to get the hide feature into the next update. I've also got an update coming with support for the following device types:

Thermostat
                Light Switch

Comment

New version posted. This version will now have a checkbox in the Debug tab of the configuration page. This will allow you to exclude certain devices from being created within HomeSeer.

Comment

Thanks Kingfetty. I got it installed and it works as expected. I only see the 1 device now listed in devices after hiding the ghost device in the debug screen. Thanks for the quick turnaround on the fix.

Comment

If your seeing device 16 and 17, one is the Gateway and one is the Door.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
                        New version posted. This version will now have a checkbox in the Debug tab of the configuration page. This will allow you to exclude certain devices from being created within HomeSeer.
                        Hi kingfetty,

I upgraded to the latest version 1.1.17325.308 and now i again have a new device listed under devices. The new device works, but now my old device stopped working which is a major pain because that device is used in events and has the floor/room set. I also now cannot see the "blank" device in the debug screen to hide it.

I sent over debug info under this handle again. Let me know if you need me to do any other info gathering or testing.

Thanks,

Paul

Comment

I'll take a look and get back to you.

Comment

I took a look and Homeseer is only reporting the new device to the plugin, not the old device. Since Homeseer wasn't reporting the device the plugin created a new one as it thought you deleted it. Try restarting Homeseer and send a new debug to see if HomeSeer starts reporting the old device to the plugin again.

Comment

Thanks kingfetty. I had already restarted Homeseer before I sent the previous debug. I will go ahead and do it again and resend it over.

Ref ID of original device for MyQ is 218 in case that helps. All was working fine until I did the upgrade of the plugin.

Comment

Working...
                              X