No announcement yet.

2 MyQ devices show up under devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, the debug dump is still only showing 1 Homeseer device. It does show that this device ref ID is 218. It also shows that the device was created by plugin version .261 and not .308.

I do see the issue here.

It appears that the MyQDeviceId reporting from the MyQ Web service changed.

It used to be reporting as 1493271, which makes sense as your gateway device is showing as device ID 1493270.

However according to the dump, the Garage Door is now showing a MyQDeviceID of 251717259 which does not match what the Homeseer plugin is expecting. I'm not sure why the Web service would have renumbered your garage door's ID. Did you rename your door or remove and add it or anything recently? Just trying to figure out if it's random or another countermeasure they're trying to add to throw off our plugin.

Either way, I'm not sure of any easy way to edit the Extra Data Object in Homeseer to match the new device ID. I am listing a script for you that you can run to renumber the HomeSeer device to match the new Web Server MyQDeviceId.

The easiest way to run this is by doing the following:
    • Create a file called "RenumberMyQDevice.cs" under the Homeseer\Scripts directory
    • Paste the script below into that file and save it
    • Create a new event that is manually triggered and have it execute the script
    • Run the script manually and check your logs, you should see that it renumbered the device
    • Try to use your new device and let me know if it works now

Code:
    public object Main(object[] Parms)
    {

//Device to change
    int deviceRef = 218;

//MyQDeviceID to change it to
    string MyQDeviceID = "251717259";

//Find device and renumber it.
    var deviceClass = (Scheduler.Classes.DeviceClass) hs.GetDeviceByRef(deviceRef);
    var extraDataObject = deviceClass.get_PlugExtraData_Get(hs);

if (extraDataObject != null)
    {
     if (extraDataObject.NamedCount() >0)
     {
       hs.WriteLog("MyQ","Found EDO, renumbering device");
       extraDataObject.RemoveNamed("deviceid");
       extraDataObject.AddNamed("deviceid",MyQDeviceID );
       deviceClass.set_PlugExtraData_Set(hs,extraDataObject);
       hs.WriteLog("MyQ","Device renumbered");
     }
    }

return 0;
    }

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
      So, the debug dump is still only showing 1 Homeseer device. It does show that this device ref ID is 218. It also shows that the device was created by plugin version .261 and not .308.

I do see the issue here.

It appears that the MyQDeviceId reporting from the MyQ Web service changed.

It used to be reporting as 1493271, which makes sense as your gateway device is showing as device ID 1493270.

However according to the dump, the Garage Door is now showing a MyQDeviceID of 251717259 which does not match what the Homeseer plugin is expecting. I'm not sure why the Web service would have renumbered your garage door's ID. Did you rename your door or remove and add it or anything recently? Just trying to figure out if it's random or another countermeasure they're trying to add to throw off our plugin.

Either way, I'm not sure of any easy way to edit the Extra Data Object in Homeseer to match the new device ID. I am listing a script for you that you can run to renumber the HomeSeer device to match the new Web Server MyQDeviceId.

The easiest way to run this is by doing the following:
      • Create a file called "RenumberMyQDevice.cs" under the Homeseer\Scripts directory
      • Paste the script below into that file and save it
      • Create a new event that is manually triggered and have it execute the script
      • Run the script manually and check your logs, you should see that it renumbered the device
      • Try to use your new device and let me know if it works now

Code:
      public object Main(object[] Parms)
      {

//Device to change
      int deviceRef = 218;

//MyQDeviceID to change it to
      string MyQDeviceID = "251717259";

//Find device and renumber it.
      var deviceClass = (Scheduler.Classes.DeviceClass) hs.GetDeviceByRef(deviceRef);
      var extraDataObject = deviceClass.get_PlugExtraData_Get(hs);

if (extraDataObject != null)
      {
       if (extraDataObject.NamedCount() >0)
       {
         hs.WriteLog("MyQ","Found EDO, renumbering device");
         extraDataObject.RemoveNamed("deviceid");
         extraDataObject.AddNamed("deviceid",MyQDeviceID );
         deviceClass.set_PlugExtraData_Set(hs,extraDataObject);
         hs.WriteLog("MyQ","Device renumbered");
       }
      }

return 0;
      }
      I ran the script and that fixed the device id 218 so that it now gets the status updates when the door is open or closed, but I am unable to control the door from this device. I have to use device ref id 6 to control the door. Device ref id 6 also gets the status updates, but that of course is not the device that I have events triggering off of.

To your previous question I did not make any changes on MyQ site or even logon to it recently. I suspect that they are doing this to defeat your plugin.

Let me know what your thoughts are as to next steps. As always I appreciate your assistance and am happy to walk through troubleshooting steps.

Debug sent...
      -Paul

Comment

Now that you have fixed the old device (218) try deleting the new device and controlling if from the old one.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
          Now that you have fixed the old device (218) try deleting the new device and controlling if from the old one.
          Deleted new device id 6. Tried id 218, but still not working. Cycled plugin still not working. Restarted Homeseer still not working. Sent new debug logs.

-Paul

Comment

Installed .309 and now I have 2 new devices called "MyQ Garage Door Opener" - device id 221, 222. Status is still working correctly for the device id 218, but I am unable to control the garage open/close using any the devices. Any ideas?

Debug logs sent.

Thanks,

Paul
            Last edited by pohoda; December 2nd, 2017, 07:22 PM. Reason: Updated correct status and provided more details

Comment

Originally posted by pohoda View Post
              Installed .309 and now I have 2 new devices called "MyQ Garage Door Opener" - device id 221, 222. Status is still working correctly for the device id 218, but I am unable to control the garage open/close using any the devices. Any ideas?

Debug logs sent.

Thanks,

Paul
              Yes, I'm still digging into your issue. The latest release was to fix a memory leak.

Does the status only work on 218 and not on 221,222? Or does status update on all of them? I have some ideas on what's happening here and if I'm right should have a fix for you this week.

You could always delete them all and see if it recovers, but I don't want you to have to edit all your events. Give me a bit longer to find a way to get your situation operational again.

Comment

Status only shows on 218. No status or controls on other devices.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Debug logs sent.

Thanks,

Paul
                  Thanks, that helps

Comment

Hi Kingfetty,

I just bit the bullet and deleted all devices and let the plugin create a new one so I could get my events working again. Let me know if there is anything else you want me to try. I am on .311 now also (installed prior to resetting everything).

-Paul

Comment

Any issues after it rebuilt?

Comment

Not so far. All is working as expected. Crossing fingers that when I upgrade to a new version in the future I do not end up in the same place.

-Paul

Comment

Not so far. All is working as expected. Crossing fingers that when I upgrade to a new version in the future I do not end up in the same place.

-Paul
                          The real question... is Craftsman/Chamberlain purposefully changing the MyQDeviceIDs at random in order to throw off 3rd party plugins, or was it simply a 1 time event.

Comment

Working...
                          X