Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plugin not responding

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Plugin not responding

    I bought the plugin yesterday and plugged in all the info to get it connected. I see it listed in the device list but it won't actually open/close the garage door.
    I can no longer get into manage plugins, it just sits there for awhile and then times out. I can't get into the MyQ device settings, it does the same thing. How can I get this thing at least disabled so I can get in to manage plugins? Also, how can I get this thing working properly?

    Here are the errors I'm getting in the log:

    Nov-16 8:26:17 PM Warning Plugin MyQ is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Nov-16 8:17:47 PM Warning Plugin MyQ is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Nov-16 8:09:17 PM Warning Plugin MyQ is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Nov-16 8:07:05 PM Error Calling SetIOMulti in plugin MyQ:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.


    I came on here to see if there were any solutions to my problem and couldn't find any but I found a lot of problems listed for this plugin. Now I'm worried that I just wasted money.

  • #2
    Not really sure what messed the whole thing up but it's working now.

    I shut down HS and deleted the two MyQ plugin files then started up HS. Re-downloaded the plugin and then it worked fine.

    If you're at all interested in looking into this I can provide more log information.

    Comment


    • #3
      Same issue: Warning Plugin MyQ is not responding

      We are seeing the same issue here since the last update multiple times. Only solution is to restart the computer HS3 is running on as the plug-in will not shut down if we attempt to disable it. Comments from developer? Need logs, we can provide - just send us instructions on what you need.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by foxxconn View Post
        We are seeing the same issue here since the last update multiple times. Only solution is to restart the computer HS3 is running on as the plug-in will not shut down if we attempt to disable it. Comments from developer? Need logs, we can provide - just send us instructions on what you need.
        Thanks for letting me know.

        So it appears from what I'm reading, the plugin is becoming unresponsive and hanging. Try setting the log level to debug and turning on file logging. This will log everything to a file under the log folder under Homeseer. We can then use that to find out what was happening just before the plugin hangs.

        Comment


        • #5
          My Issue with MyQ...

          I am having a lot of issues with MyQ as well. Not sure if it's the same issue as cited here in that my original Z2 died and I'e had to rebuilt the entire network. The first time I instyalled the plugin on my new Z2 it worked. But only once.

          Now it seems like my Z2 is seeing the garage door open and close. The Z2 also seems to be sending commands, but MyQ doesn't actually open or close the door.

          So far I've tried deleting the devices and uninstalling the plugin. No success. Also, tried resetting the configuration. Also, no success.

          I have at least attempted to send the debugging report via the plugin support tab.

          I've read about some issues with Chamberlain and MyQ, but not sure what to do next.

          Thanks, in advance for your help.

          Current Date/Time: 11/20/2017 4:07:37 PM
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.368
          Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 9 Hours 31 Minutes 9 Seconds
          IP Address: 192.168.1.64
          Number of Devices: 123
          Number of Events: 24
          Available Threads: 349

          Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.26.0: BLRing
          3.0.0.20: Ecobee
          1.1.17301.270: MyQ
          3.0.6529.21161: UltraWeatherWU3
          3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SJ Miller View Post
            I am having a lot of issues with MyQ as well. Not sure if it's the same issue as cited here in that my original Z2 died and I'e had to rebuilt the entire network. The first time I instyalled the plugin on my new Z2 it worked. But only once.

            Now it seems like my Z2 is seeing the garage door open and close. The Z2 also seems to be sending commands, but MyQ doesn't actually open or close the door.

            So far I've tried deleting the devices and uninstalling the plugin. No success. Also, tried resetting the configuration. Also, no success.

            I have at least attempted to send the debugging report via the plugin support tab.

            I've read about some issues with Chamberlain and MyQ, but not sure what to do next.

            Thanks, in advance for your help.

            Current Date/Time: 11/20/2017 4:07:37 PM
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.368
            Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 9 Hours 31 Minutes 9 Seconds
            IP Address: 192.168.1.64
            Number of Devices: 123
            Number of Events: 24
            Available Threads: 349

            Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.26.0: BLRing
            3.0.0.20: Ecobee
            1.1.17301.270: MyQ
            3.0.6529.21161: UltraWeatherWU3
            3.0.1.130: Z-Wave
            Did you set your forum username in the plugin settings? If not can you PM me your email address so that I can track down your debug dump.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
              Thanks for letting me know.

              So it appears from what I'm reading, the plugin is becoming unresponsive and hanging. Try setting the log level to debug and turning on file logging. This will log everything to a file under the log folder under Homeseer. We can then use that to find out what was happening just before the plugin hangs.
              this has been happening for me, for a while. I'll try to get you logs next time it happens. Also, when it happens, Homeseer works in all function Except I cannot go into Plugin Manager. I suspect this is a HS3 bug where a HS3 doesnt know how to handle a hung plugin.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi,
                Yes, I did include my username in the plugin settings. I appreciate you checking.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Has there been any update on this as my plug in is still not working?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'll be honest, I've got 4 bugs left on my list to squash right now but I'm down for the count with the flu. I'll get back to dev work as ASAP

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thank you for the update - I understand. Sorry you're not feeling well. Best wishes for a quick recovery.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SJ Miller View Post
                        Thank you for the update - I understand. Sorry you're not feeling well. Best wishes for a quick recovery.
                        SJ,

                        Looking at your latest dump, I see 3 devices listed in your homeseer. I see two of them are conflicting and may be causing some of the issues.

                        Goto Setup -> Custom and check the box called
                        "Show Device Reference Number on Device Management Page (for developers)"

                        Then go and find the device with a ref number of 140, this one appears to be incorrect. Delete this one and see if device 203 starts working correctly.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hope you are feeling better. Appreciate the directions.

                          I found and removed device with reference number 140. (At least I think I did - I checked it on the Device Management page and deleted it there.) Then I re-started the system.

                          Then I installed your latest plug-in update. Then restarted the system.

                          Then checked the plug-in and in the Authentication page re-entered the data on all three tabs. Then re-started the system.

                          No luck. So I submitted a debug report.

                          Thanks, again.
                          Last edited by SJ Miller; December 10th, 2017, 04:59 AM. Reason: Corrected typos.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SJ Miller View Post
                            Hope you are feeling better. Appreciate the directions.

                            I found and removed device with reference number 140. (At least I think I did - I checked it on the Device Management page and deleted it there.) Then I re-started the system.

                            Then I installed your latest plug-in update. Then restarted the system.

                            Then checked the plug-in and in the Authentication page re-entered the data on all three tabs. Then re-started the system.

                            No luck. So I submitted a debug report.

                            Thanks, again.
                            Thanks, I'll look at the new debug and see if I can figure out why it's still not working

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I don't see the new debug dump, can you do again.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X