Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setup Instructions? 1st time issues??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Setup Instructions? 1st time issues??

    I just installed the plugin. Show OK status in the Manage Plugin Page. When I select MyQ in the plugin page I go to the MyQ Config page. I have put in my MyQ login info. On the Debug page shows my correct door name etc. See below.

    My issue is there is no device created for my garage door. Am I missing something? Where is documentation for the plugin?

    ID Name Value
    135 online True
    1 enumeraterequired 0
    3 learnmodestate 0
    6 addedtime 2018-04-13 21:36:43
    25 devices 4357195
    26 numdevices 1
    28 desc Farvue
    33 fwver 4.2
    95 name GW0100034AF9
    104 deviceName GW0100034AF9
    4 customerName GW0100034AF9
    438 ishomekitcapable False
    439 ishomekitactive False
    440 IsFirmwareCurrent True

  • #2
    Originally posted by bobsilver1 View Post
    I just installed the plugin. Show OK status in the Manage Plugin Page. When I select MyQ in the plugin page I go to the MyQ Config page. I have put in my MyQ login info. On the Debug page shows my correct door name etc. See below.

    My issue is there is no device created for my garage door. Am I missing something? Where is documentation for the plugin?

    ID Name Value
    135 online True
    1 enumeraterequired 0
    3 learnmodestate 0
    6 addedtime 2018-04-13 21:36:43
    25 devices 4357195
    26 numdevices 1
    28 desc Farvue
    33 fwver 4.2
    95 name GW0100034AF9
    104 deviceName GW0100034AF9
    4 customerName GW0100034AF9
    438 ishomekitcapable False
    439 ishomekitactive False
    440 IsFirmwareCurrent True
    I'm sorry you're having issues with your first time setup. Let me see how I can help. Since you're getting the above output you're able to connect and pull down data from the server ok. If you click the drop down on the debug page it should show 2 things, 1 being your "Gateway device" and the other being your "Door device" Do you see both of these devices?

    If you see both then it should automatically create the device in HomeSeer for you. If that's not happening, then we need to take a look at the logs. Can you change the logging level to debug and restart the plugin and check the logs to see if we can find out what's happening.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
      I'm sorry you're having issues with your first time setup. Let me see how I can help. Since you're getting the above output you're able to connect and pull down data from the server ok. If you click the drop down on the debug page it should show 2 things, 1 being your "Gateway device" and the other being your "Door device" Do you see both of these devices?

      If you see both then it should automatically create the device in HomeSeer for you. If that's not happening, then we need to take a look at the logs. Can you change the logging level to debug and restart the plugin and check the logs to see if we can find out what's happening.

      Thanks for the reply. Yes I see both Gateway and Door device. I changed the logs to the debug level. I toggled the plugin and no device gets created. I then restarted HS. No change. Next Ill try uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin.

      Comment


      • #4
        Reinstalling the plugin worked. I now see my garage door and it works.

        My next task will be getting it to work with Alexa. Any tips?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bobsilver1 View Post
          Reinstalling the plugin worked. I now see my garage door and it works.

          My next task will be getting it to work with Alexa. Any tips?
          There are 2 ways you can approach this. You can set the control_use property on the open/close states of the door device to on and off. Then just tell Alexa to "turn on the garage door", up to you if you want on to mean open or close.

          Other option is to create an event call "Open Garage Door" and one called "Close Garage Door", and then tell Alexa "Tell Homeseer to open garage door"

          Comment

          Working...
          X