No announcement yet.

Plugin Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to update you here, I submitted the updated plugin to Homeseer to post 2 days ago. Now we're just waiting them to put it in the updater.

Comment

Thanks! Not there yet. But I will keep looking for it!

Comment

Is there a problem? Not seeing anything in the updater and a couple of other plugin updates have made it through since your post.

Comment

I'll email Homeseer to see why they haven't posted the update yet

Comment

Email sent, we'll see if they respond. Some time last year they forced all us developers to start using a portal to post plugins and having homeseer host them instead of us being able to host them ourselves. Ever since then, it seems it takes forever to get a plugin update pushed. Hence why I do so much internal testing now before I release a new update, as if I send out a bad version I can't just simply throw a quick fix out.

Comment

Got the update! I triggered a couple of errors as shown in the attached HS_Log.jpg. Also grabbed the support info, (support.jpg).

But then I did notice something on the Debug tab. The url's are referring to Home.nest.com/cameras and nestmobile: (Debug.jpg - Long URLs, truncated image for security) I know there is connectivity between the two, so that might be what you are using for a hook to MyQ. But I thought I would mention it just in case.

Next steps?
              Thanks!
              Jim
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JMarias View Post
                Got the update! I triggered a couple of errors as shown in the attached HS_Log.jpg. Also grabbed the support info, (support.jpg).

But then I did notice something on the Debug tab. The url's are referring to Home.nest.com/cameras and nestmobile: (Debug.jpg - Long URLs, truncated image for security) I know there is connectivity between the two, so that might be what you are using for a hook to MyQ. But I thought I would mention it just in case.

Next steps?
                Thanks!
                Jim
                No, I simply ignore the NEST information in my plugin, but what you see on the debug page is a raw dump of all the information that is being reported from the MyQ web service.

Comment

As for next steps, let me see if I can pull up the debug dump you submitted now.

Comment

The only debug dump I'm seeing right now is from "mbg0333". Have you submitted one recently? If so, how long ago?

Comment

I clicked every various option that seemed logical to send to you. Can you check if you see it now?
                      Thanks!

Comment

Figured it out. Simple when I finally saw it. But wasn't what I expected. From the plugin, I had devices called, for example, "Jim's Garage Door". That worked just fine until the end of June. Apparently, either the plugin or MyQ created new garage devices "MyQ Jim's Door". By switching my events to these devices, it all works fine now. I don't know why new devices were created but that was the problem.

Comment

Sometimes they change the device ID coding on their end, not sure why. When this happens, the plugin thinks it's a brand new device and creates it as such. Best advice is the map all your events to the new device and delete the old.

Comment

Thanks... Been working fine now. I know what to look for in the future. Glad to see you back! Was getting a bit concerned!

Comment

Working...
                            X