Newbie to Homeseer AND MyQ (sighhh)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie to Homeseer AND MyQ (sighhh)

Brand new at homeseer but managing to install devices and come up with some simple events re lighting. So I took the dive on MYQ (I've got two MYQ enabled garages) and it seems to have installed properly, but I cant seem to figure out how to do anything with it. Can you help me with this event: If garage is open more than 30 minutes, close it.

Thanks for the start!

Originally posted by SANDYMAR View Post
    Brand new at homeseer but managing to install devices and come up with some simple events re lighting. So I took the dive on MYQ (I've got two MYQ enabled garages) and it seems to have installed properly, but I cant seem to figure out how to do anything with it. Can you help me with this event: If garage is open more than 30 minutes, close it.

Thanks for the start!
    WELCOME TO HOMESEER!

Ok, without further ado, you will have numerous questions along the line so the best place to start is here : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...3-event-clinic
    Look at the first two links on that forum. Am sure you will find yourself compelled to learn. And should you need more help just ask!

Eman.
    The People's Advocate.

Comment

Thanks for pointing me. So I constructed an event for MyQ. The trigger is the garage door open for one minute. The action is close the door. It did not work. I am able to close the door by opening the door and RUNNING without the trigger. My liftmaster app is operating correctly. But the trigger of "time" is not triggering the action. Any suggestions?

Comment

Thanks for the start!
        I love when the question is actually the answer.

You have a MyQ device

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	116
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	1293420

The Trigger is when the door has been open for 30 minutes. When that happens the Action tells the door to close. Because the trigger will be true once a second until the door is no longer Open, put a "Cannot Re-Run For: 1 minute to keep the Event from firing while the door is in transition

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	114
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1293421
        Randy Prade
        Aurora, CO
        Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Thanks for pointing me. So I constructed an event for MyQ. The trigger is the garage door open for one minute. The action is close the door. It did not work. I am able to close the door by opening the door and RUNNING without the trigger. My liftmaster app is operating correctly. But the trigger of "time" is not triggering the action. Any suggestions?
          Post a screenshot of your Event. I use the same Event and it works well.
          Randy Prade
          Aurora, CO
          Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Thank you! When I duplicated your event, the MYQ succeeded. I can't yet figure out how to post a screenshot (duh!) but what I had as a trigger was: "if the garage changes to open" for 2 minutes", and that did not work. I'm surprised at how little changes in the verbiage can make a great deal of difference...

Comment

Thank you! When I duplicated your event, the MYQ succeeded. I can't yet figure out how to post a screenshot (duh!) but what I had as a trigger was: "if the garage changes to open" for 2 minutes", and that did not work. I'm surprised at how little changes in the verbiage can make a great deal of difference...
              A picture tells a thousand words! To print screen, hit the screen print button on the keyboard once then open up paint on your PC the hold CTL + V to paste and then edit the image attache to your messages as rprade did above

Eman
              The People's Advocate.

Comment

It seems to me that the event I constructed (with your help!) is working as I expected. However, I notice an error in red on the log. Does anybody know what this means? Click image for larger version

Name:	tempsnip.png
Views:	144
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	1293750

Comment

It seems to me that the event I constructed (with your help!) is working as I expected. However, I notice an error in red on the log. Does anybody know what this means? Click image for larger version

Name:	tempsnip.png
Views:	144
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	1293750
                  That error looks similar to this here : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/se...0189-new-error

Eman.
                  The People's Advocate.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post

That error looks similar to this here : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/se...0189-new-error

Eman.

Since I posted this morning that the MYQ PLUGIN seemed to be running properly, it went on a "rampage", opening and closing the garage door without rhyme or reason. I do agree that the error looks similar to the one Eman notes. I had to delete the event to get this runaway to stop. I would like to try to close and open that plugin but I don't know how! Maybe assistance on that please!

Sandy

Comment

Since I posted this morning that the MYQ PLUGIN seemed to be running properly, it went on a "rampage", opening and closing the garage door without rhyme or reason. I do agree that the error looks similar to the one Eman notes. I had to delete the event to get this runaway to stop. I would like to try to close and open that plugin but I don't know how! Maybe assistance on that please!

Sandy
                      First create two events with condition "manually" (ON/OFF) and see if they work OK. Then go here : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/se...19#post1293419 It looks like you didn't set the last part of the EVENT not to run at for 1min

rprade also said you attach screen shots.

Eman.
                      The People's Advocate.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post

First create two events with condition "manually" (ON/OFF) and see if they work OK. Then go here : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/se...19#post1293419 It looks like you didn't set the last part of the EVENT not to run at for 1min

rprade also said you attach screen shots.

Eman.

Ouch, I did not set that last part of the event. Now I have done so and I am trying to include a screen shot:

Name:	CLOSE LARGE GARAGE DOOR.PNG
Views:	117
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	1293840

Comment

Looks good! If need anymore help, just ask and someone will help and don't forget to go here : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...3-event-clinic for more insight.

Anything else HomeSeer you can start here : https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=HomeSeer and the good old help file : https://homeseer.com/support/homeseer/HS3/HS3Help.pdf

Enjoy!

Eman.
                          The People's Advocate.

Comment

Thank you so much.

Comment

Working...
                            X