Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exception in httpGET in Logs, Initializng... Retry in 10 seconds on config page

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Exception in httpGET in Logs, Initializng... Retry in 10 seconds on config page

    Hello. Long time Homeseer user and just getting around to migrating from HS2 to HS3. I have MyQ openers and found your plugin and though I'd give it a go. I currently have my alarm system controlling the doors with two relays but it's a pain because I have to solder wires to the micro switch and put in logic on the events etc to make it all work.

    Anyway, I installed a new Windows 10 virtual machine on ESXI and it has network to the outside with the firewalls on Windows disabled. When I put the correct login information in the plugin, I get the following error(s):
    MyQ Error Exception in httpGET|ErrorCount:2|https://myqexternal.myqdevice.com/ap...iceDetails/Get
    Once this happens, the config page only shows:

    Initializng... Retry in 10 seconds

    I searched for a while and found two other posts about this but they all seem to have been temporary issues. Mine is not as this has been happening for 2 days now. I can access the API url of; https://myqexternal.myqdevice.com/ap...iceDetails/Get from the system (it responds with an error message because I'm not passing an XML but it's responding).

    Any ideas? New install of HS3 3.0.0.534 - Windows version 1903 OS build 18362.239 with defender firewall disabled and no antivirus.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Chris Couture View Post
    Hello. Long time Homeseer user and just getting around to migrating from HS2 to HS3. I have MyQ openers and found your plugin and though I'd give it a go. I currently have my alarm system controlling the doors with two relays but it's a pain because I have to solder wires to the micro switch and put in logic on the events etc to make it all work.

    Anyway, I installed a new Windows 10 virtual machine on ESXI and it has network to the outside with the firewalls on Windows disabled. When I put the correct login information in the plugin, I get the following error(s):
    MyQ Error Exception in httpGET|ErrorCount:2|https://myqexternal.myqdevice.com/ap...iceDetails/Get
    Once this happens, the config page only shows:

    Initializng... Retry in 10 seconds

    I searched for a while and found two other posts about this but they all seem to have been temporary issues. Mine is not as this has been happening for 2 days now. I can access the API url of; https://myqexternal.myqdevice.com/ap...iceDetails/Get from the system (it responds with an error message because I'm not passing an XML but it's responding).

    Any ideas? New install of HS3 3.0.0.534 - Windows version 1903 OS build 18362.239 with defender firewall disabled and no antivirus.
    In the settings, did you happen to set the forum username setting? If so, I'll pull the error logs and see what's happening.

    Comment


    • #3
      You could also turn on the log to file option and set logging level to debug. This would give me the most information to assist.

      Comment


      • #4
        Just added the forum username in the settings. This system is no in production so it doesn't connect to much besides my Global Cache so you are welcome to remote into it. I can provide you the teamviewer ID and pass if you would like to run some tests.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Chris Couture View Post
          Just added the forum username in the settings. This system is no in production so it doesn't connect to much besides my Global Cache so you are welcome to remote into it. I can provide you the teamviewer ID and pass if you would like to run some tests.
          The logs I saw showed authentication errors. Can you push the submit debug button, I'll see if I can tell more.

          Comment


          • #6
            Just changed logging to debug and hit the submit debug button. I just checked the login on the mychamberlin.com website and it worked so it's not a username/password issue. It's working on my phone and the web interface and I made it an easy password to insure I didn't mistype it (I'll change it back of course if we can get it working).

            Comment


            • #7
              Give me a bit to look through the debug dump and I'll get back to you.

              Comment


              • #8
                Chris,

                I sent you a rather lengthy email explaining what I've found so far.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Solved! Thanks for your help in this matter. For anyone else who may be experiencing this issue, the problem seemed to be related to my account. Here are some of the steps that I did to cause the problem.

                  I got a new opener and added it into my account. When I deleted the old unit, it didn't delete so I deleted the "Place" that it was in on the account. This removed it from the web application but the unit still showed in the iPhone App so it must have been still hanging around in the database. It appears that somehow, this "ghost" opener in the account was causing a problem with the MyQ plugin for Homeseer so I created a new account with MyQ and added the opener I have. Once I did that and changed the log in credentials in the app, the opener was found and works like a champ.

                  Chris

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X