MyQ Plugin - Error on Start Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyQ Plugin - Error on Start Up

For months MyQ plug-in has been stable and no issues. However this morning, due to a Windows update, HS3 was stop and restarted. Now I'm getting the following error in the Start up Log:

19-Oct-19 8:25:11 AM ~!~Plug-In~!~Found plug-in: MyQ, version: 1.2019.211.1740
    19-Oct-19 8:25:14 AM ~!~Info~!~Plugin MyQ has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49780
    19-Oct-19 8:25:14 AM ~!~Starting Plug-In~!~Initializing plugin MyQ ...
    19-Oct-19 8:25:15 AM ~!~MyQ ~!~Initializing version 1.2019.211.1740
    19-Oct-19 8:25:15 AM ~!~Starting Plug-In~!~Plugin MyQ started successfully in 396 milliseconds
    19-Oct-19 8:25:15 AM ~!~Starting Plug-In~!~MyQ loaded in 3064 milliseconds
    19-Oct-19 8:25:15 AM ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in MyQ
    19-Oct-19 8:25:20 AM ~!~MyQ Error~!~Exception in httpPOST|ErrorCount:1|https://myqexternal.myqdevice.com/api/v4/User/Validate

(*blank rows in the Start Up Log indicate where I deleted unrelated Plugin start up data)

I have Reset the Configuration in the MyQ Support Tab and I have also tried disabling the MyQ plugin and then re-enabling it. No success.

I'm not sure how to clear this error, so any assistance is appreciated.

System Data:
    Current Date/Time: 19-Oct-19 8:40:36 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 15 Minutes 37 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.99
    Number of Devices: 307
    Number of Events: 46
    Available Threads: 400
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 1
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender AVG Antivirus
    In Virtual Machine: No MFG: default string
    Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.61.0: BLBackup
    1.0.6890.36333: DeviceCompare
    3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger
    3.0.0.33: Ecobee
    1.0.16302.20: EventGhost
    3.0.1.4: IFTTT
    1.2019.211.1740: MyQ
    0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
    1.0.0.7: Restart
    3.0.0.2: SimpliSafe
    3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

Originally posted by SJ Miller View Post
    For months MyQ plug-in has been stable and no issues. However this morning, due to a Windows update, HS3 was stop and restarted. Now I'm getting the following error in the Start up Log:

19-Oct-19 8:25:11 AM ~!~Plug-In~!~Found plug-in: MyQ, version: 1.2019.211.1740
    19-Oct-19 8:25:14 AM ~!~Info~!~Plugin MyQ has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49780
    19-Oct-19 8:25:14 AM ~!~Starting Plug-In~!~Initializing plugin MyQ ...
    19-Oct-19 8:25:15 AM ~!~MyQ ~!~Initializing version 1.2019.211.1740
    19-Oct-19 8:25:15 AM ~!~Starting Plug-In~!~Plugin MyQ started successfully in 396 milliseconds
    19-Oct-19 8:25:15 AM ~!~Starting Plug-In~!~MyQ loaded in 3064 milliseconds
    19-Oct-19 8:25:15 AM ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in MyQ
    19-Oct-19 8:25:20 AM ~!~MyQ Error~!~Exception in httpPOST|ErrorCount:1|https://myqexternal.myqdevice.com/api/v4/User/Validate

(*blank rows in the Start Up Log indicate where I deleted unrelated Plugin start up data)

I have Reset the Configuration in the MyQ Support Tab and I have also tried disabling the MyQ plugin and then re-enabling it. No success.

I'm not sure how to clear this error, so any assistance is appreciated.

System Data:
    Current Date/Time: 19-Oct-19 8:40:36 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 15 Minutes 37 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.99
    Number of Devices: 307
    Number of Events: 46
    Available Threads: 400
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 1
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender AVG Antivirus
    In Virtual Machine: No MFG: default string
    Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.61.0: BLBackup
    1.0.6890.36333: DeviceCompare
    3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger
    3.0.0.33: Ecobee
    1.0.16302.20: EventGhost
    3.0.1.4: IFTTT
    1.2019.211.1740: MyQ
    0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
    1.0.0.7: Restart
    3.0.0.2: SimpliSafe
    3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

Looks like everyone is having problems with MyQ right now.

hubitat and smartthings. It looks like maybe smartthings updated their driver from what somebody else said.

Comment

Just checked the logs that get uploaded to my Azure storage account and it looks like everyone is seeing the exact same thing. The MyQ API server is spitting back errors whenever anyone tries to login. My quess is they've changed the API again on us. Let me get back to sniffing and see if I can decipher what they've done so we can get back up and running.

-Edit-

My home development server doesn't have any issues logging in. Looking to see what you all have in common.

Comment

Thanks for the quick feedback mik3y & kingfetty - much appreciated - at least I now know the situation.

Comment

Just a quick update. It appears they're working to completely change the API over a new system. I'm actively working to decipher the android app communications to see what they've done here. I can't offer any ETA at this time.

I did notice the new app does allow you to integrate with IFTT if you're in a pinch.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
            Just a quick update. It appears they're working to completely change the API over a new system. I'm actively working to decipher the android app communications to see what they've done here. I can't offer any ETA at this time.

I did notice the new app does allow you to integrate with IFTT if you're in a pinch.
            Doesn’t ifttt not allow open and close options?

Comment

Originally posted by mik3y View Post

Doesn’t ifttt not allow open and close options?
              not sure, didn't mess with it, just noticed the options was there.

Comment

Thank you for the update. Appreciate knowing the status even if the ETA is not yet clear.

Comment

Looks like they are having the same issue over on the Hubitat forums as well. Bummer, doing a trial of Homeseer at the moment and I was stoked how easy it was to get the trial of MyQ going!

Comment

Yeah, it looks like they've completely revamped the API system. I'm currently trying to reverse engineer their application to see what it's doing now. I'm not having much luck, they've take extreme measures with this one. They're even doing Certificate Authority pinning inside the app so that I cannot snoop the TLS traffic. There is not going to be a fix for this anytime soon fellas.

I'll keep you updated.

Comment

Interestingly enough, mine is still working.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared View Post
                        Interestingly enough, mine is still working.
                        Mine is too on my production system, but when I attempt to connect via the dev system using the exact same API calls it errors out. They're doing something strange, I just can't find it yet.

Comment

Mine is too on my production system, but when I attempt to connect via the dev system using the exact same API calls it errors out. They're doing something strange, I just can't find it yet.
                          Would it matter which kind of device? I have a liftmaster opener with MyQ built in... versus the separate unit.

Comment

I've got the separate unit.

I would imagine it wouldn't matter as it appears to be something in the way the API is authenticating.

Comment

Yup, makes sense. FWIW it seems somebody has a SmartThings app that can do it, and it was ported to Hubitat. So somebody figured out the approach. Worth a look.

https://community.hubitat.com/t/cham...pport/3550/298

Comment

Working...
                              X