No announcement yet.

MyQ Plugin - Error on Start Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version 1.2019.1110.1793 has been submitted with several fixes and should be published to the updater tomorrow:
    • Fixed typo in updater install file
    • Attempt to bypass black-listing efforts by using various user-agent strings
    • Plugin now attempts to gracefully recover from network outages.
    • Lamp modules are now supported
    • Date/Time corrected to local time zone instead of showing UTC time

Comment

• A restart of the plug-in worked for me tonight, but obviously it can't be a solution to restart all the time. Looking forward to the new version tomorrow.

Comment

• ... lasted few minutes only. Needed another restart to close the doors that I have opened few minutes before.

Comment

• If you want the plugin tonight...

https://kingfetty.blob.core.windows.....1110.1793.zip

Comment

• It's in the updater now.

Comment

• thank you sir!

Comment

• My gate and garage door do not respond to open and close commands.

Comment

• Originally posted by daveagius View Post
                  My gate and garage door do not respond to open and close commands.
                  Your debug dump indicates you're running plugin version 1.2019.1110.1793 which was known to have this bug. Please update to the latest version of the plugin (1.2019.1116.1143) in order to address the issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingfetty View Post

Yeah, there are problems with TLS prior to 4.8 and the MyQ website is enforcing higher TLS security requirements. This is something beyond my control. So you'll need to update it. You shouldn't have any issues, but if you want to try upgrading, you can grab the SD card out of the raspberry pi and clone it so that you can always restore to the backup.

You can use the program Win32 Disk Imager to create a .img file that is an exact copy of the SD card that the Pi boots from. Then if something goes wrong you can just re-image the SD card back to the copied state. ** Probably not a bad idea to keep a backup copy anyway, as SD cards have a limited life span and it WILL go bad eventually!

Other option that some people don't know about is that the plugins do not have to run locally. If you start the plugin from another box you can tell it a command line option for what the homeseer box IP is.

example:

Code:
                    HSPI_MyQ.exe /server 192.168.1.100
                    I
                    Hi There - got the MyQ finally running on a windows box... all good... can you just remind me specifically how to run that plugin remotely from the raspberry box? Where do I actually run the HSPI_MyQ.exe /server x.x.x.x on the Raspberry box?

Comment

• To execute the plugin on linux, you have to use the mono executable to launch the plugin

Code:
                      mono HSPI_MyQ.exe server=192.168.1.100

Comment

• OK - thanks. Where do I put the mono executable? The homeseer raspberry box doesn't really let you get into linux natively... I run it from the Linux tools option in homeseer but I see no change on the raspberry box... I was expecting that there would be a couple of new devices...

Comment

• so mono is a version of the .net framework for linux systems. It's not a single executable, but and entire suite of software libraries required to be installed. All the plugins for Homeseer are built on the .net framework which is dependent on mono being installed on linux.

If you're trying to install mono for the first time on this linux host there's a document here on the mono website...

https://www.mono-project.com/downloa...d-lin-raspbian

Comment

Working...
                          X