Upgrade to 1.2019.1031.958 had an issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Sorry if I’m asking a question you may have already talked about, have you reached out to the developers of the API?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL, the API is run by Chamberlain/Liftmaster/Craftsman. They DO NOT want us doing 3rd party development and have historically changed things on purpose with the intent of blocking us. The plugin we have today is because of reverse engineering of their android app.

Reaching out to them would do nothing. It's a cat & mouse game really. They change, I update. This happens about once a year recently and it takes a good month to settle out and address any bugs introduced with all the changes. They did this same sort of thing last August and the year before as well.

If you're patient I'll get it all handled, just gonna take some time.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post

LOL, the API is run by Chamberlain/Liftmaster/Craftsman. They DO NOT want us doing 3rd party development and have historically changed things on purpose with the intent of blocking us. The plugin we have today is because of reverse engineering of their android app.

Reaching out to them would do nothing. It's a cat & mouse game really. They change, I update. This happens about once a year recently and it takes a good month to settle out and address any bugs introduced with all the changes. They did this same sort of thing last August and the year before as well.

If you're patient I'll get it all handled, just gonna take some time.
      No worries, I have no doubt you will figure something out. Just find it strange that they would target third party developers, I looked in their myQ app and they advertise that they work with IFTTT, Wink, Alarm.com....etc so are they just targeting Homeseer?

They don’t receive any subscription revenue from users with their app so why not just maintain the API and let 3rd party developers create and maintain the UI for their product?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      HS3 3.0.0.548 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 996 Devices, 547 Events
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

No worries, I have no doubt you will figure something out. Just find it strange that they would target third party developers, I looked in their myQ app and they advertise that they work with IFTTT, Wink, Alarm.com....etc so are they just targeting Homeseer?

They don’t receive any subscription revenue from users with their app so why not just maintain the API and let 3rd party developers create and maintain the UI for their product?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        They used to charge a fee for that integration, not sure if they still do.

Comment

Looks like they still charge, but have lowered the price and made it free temporarily. They call it premium service. Looks like they've dropped it to $1/mo, it used to be $9/mo

https://support.chamberlaingroup.com...-subscriptions

Code:
          Starting June 26, 2019, premium subscriptions to link your myQ account to one of our premium partners will be FREE for a limited time. No credit card is required for a premium subscription. 
          A premium subscription is needed to link your myQ account to one of our premium partners. Each partner requires it's own subscription. For $1.00 a month or $10.00 a year, you can have access to one of our premium myQ services. The plans auto renew and reminders are sent. The subscription can be cancelled at any time. If you cancel, your subscription will stop at the end of the current billing cycle. See How to cancel or unsubscribe to your premium myQ subscription To link to a premium partner account see How to link the myQ App to a 3rd party account. To activate your subscription to a premium partner account please visit https://myqservices.com/account/login and use your myQ Credentials to login.

Comment

Working...
          X