Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disregard - I found an outdated Newtonsoft.Json.dll in the HomeSeer directory (I updated the dll & rebooted) Everything is running.

Comment

I've updated to 1703 on HS3 Pro for Linux and the plugin refuses to start and hangs in "Initializing" mode.

Comment

The latest version is 1793, please update to that latest version.

Comment

Sorry it is 1793 ... the "0" was a typo...

Comment

Ok, What version of Mono are you running? I'll setup a duplicate here and see if I can recreate your issue. Have you tried removing the plugin and reinstalling it?

Comment

Mono is 5.4.1.7 ... I have tried removing and reinstalling and multiple reboots

Comment

Ok, sorry for the problems, I'll get a linux machine up tonight with your parameters and see if I can recreate the issue.

Comment

Are you getting a JSON error in your log? After upgrading to 1793 my SEL would hang on "Initializing". Discovered an old Newtonsoft.Json.dll in the HomeSeer directory - replaced the Newtonsoft.Json.dll with a more current version, rebooted and all is well. Not sure where the old Newtonsoft.Json.dll came from.

Comment

That's a great point!

E.S.Buckey, if you delete the plugin, homeseer just removes the .EXE file and not the .DLL files. Try this.

Remove plugin
                    Delete the contents of the folder homeseer/bin/MyQ/
                    Reinstall plugin

Comment

Originally posted by E.S.Buckeye View Post
                      Mono is 5.4.1.7 ... I have tried removing and reinstalling and multiple reboots
                      Do you have that version of Mono locked in for other plugins, purposes? I'm running Ubuntu Server with Mono 6.4.0.198 and haven't had so much as a blip in last 3 versions. Previous 2 versions I manually updated but updated 1793 through updater. May not want to do it as I've read somewhere that Mono 6 has issues with HttpClient and may jack up some configurations that rely on it but I haven't seen it <yet>. Just throwing it out there.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
                        That's a great point!

E.S.Buckey, if you delete the plugin, homeseer just removes the .EXE file and not the .DLL files. Try this.

Remove plugin
                        Delete the contents of the folder homeseer/bin/MyQ/
                        Reinstall plugin
                        May be why I haven't had any problems. When I manually update I delete every trace of a plugin before I copy new files over.

Comment

So one suggestion is update Mono. But first I'll do the manual removal of the plugin folder and DLLs. I'll report back.

Comment

Here, try this... I just posted version 1.2019.1113.1516 in the beta section of the plugin manager. There's no differences except it deletes the old DLL files before installing the new ones. Give that a try and let me know.

Comment

Has anyone heard back from kingfetty about this issue yet?
                              HS3 3.0.0.548 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 996 Devices, 547 Events
                              Plugin's:
                              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                              EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

having same issue. just loses connection/status after some time. rebooting the PI solves it.

Comment

Working...
                                X