Liftmaster 8500W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liftmaster 8500W

my Google Fu is weak. Does this work with the 8500W (wifi)? I'm migrating from Smartthings and it is linked to my two 8500W doors.

Download the 30 day trial and test it out

To be honest, if it shows up under your MyQ account / App, it should work as long as it's a garage door.

Comment

Originally posted by Rut Row View Post
      my Google Fu is weak. Does this work with the 8500W (wifi)? I'm migrating from Smartthings and it is linked to my two 8500W doors.
      Okay will do. I've read where the wifi version doesn't work with many hometrollers. It only works with SmartThings by linking the account

Comment

i have both an an 8500 (last gen non-build in wifi / required their bridge) and an 8500W (with built in wifi). Both work.
        My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

thanks!

Comment

I installed the trial version and did the configuration. I checked my username/password in the MyQ app to make sure it worked there. I do not see any devices under the device page nor on the Homeseer app.

Comment

Did your device count go up? Did you check your filters for Floor/Room/Devices. Try clicking the "Show All" Button on the right side of the "Display Filters" bar. I constantly miss new devices. Also, if you haven't already, try installing Jon00's Device List script. It's a lifesaver when trying to find devices. It's free, just click on his signature in one of his posts.
              My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

If you goto the plugin settings page, there should be three tabs. Goto the far right Debug tab, if it's logged in correctly, any supported devices will appear in a drop down selector on the page.

If you see nothing on this page...
                -> Do you see your doors on the MyQ app on your phone?
                -> Check the logs to see if it authenticated successfully or not
                -> Make sure you have the correct service box checked on the authentication tab (Craftsman,Liftmaster/Chamberlain)
                -> If you see the logs saying that it has authenticated correctly, click the submit debug button on the support tab.
                -> If the logs say that you did not authenticate correctly, be sure to check your username/password.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
                  If you goto the plugin settings page, there should be three tabs. Goto the far right Debug tab, if it's logged in correctly, any supported devices will appear in a drop down selector on the page.

If you see nothing on this page...
                  -> Do you see your doors on the MyQ app on your phone?
                  -> Check the logs to see if it authenticated successfully or not
                  -> Make sure you have the correct service box checked on the authentication tab (Craftsman,Liftmaster/Chamberlain)
                  -> If you see the logs saying that it has authenticated correctly, click the submit debug button on the support tab.
                  -> If the logs say that you did not authenticate correctly, be sure to check your username/password.
                  The "still initialiing" label spins endlessly. I tried it in Chrome (desktop and Android) as well as in Edge.

The logs say "The MyQ API server has rejected our request to sign in. Generating new User-Agent and trying again." but that is the right UN/PW for mylistmaster.com. Now the liftmaster site says I'm locked out. I'll work this next week after we get back from a short vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post
                    Did your device count go up? Did you check your filters for Floor/Room/Devices. Try clicking the "Show All" Button on the right side of the "Display Filters" bar. I constantly miss new devices. Also, if you haven't already, try installing Jon00's Device List script. It's a lifesaver when trying to find devices. It's free, just click on his signature in one of his posts.
                    device count did not go up. I have very few devices so finding new ones is no issue

Comment

had some time before we left and got the password straightened out. I see the garage doors now. thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                      X