Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MyQ been broken since mid-november, spins on "Still Initializing" - Fixed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyQ been broken since mid-november, spins on "Still Initializing" - Fixed!

I loved this plugin and willingly paid for it a while ago, and it's been zero maintenance for a while. But the multiple updates since mid-November have broken it, and it hasn't worked since. I've removed it, re-logged in, and tried everything I can think of, but it's been broken. I checked for a new MyQ device entry (it did that once on an update to the plug-in), but nothing new was created.

The only obvious symptom is the spinning "Still Initializing" on the debug screen. I clicked the "Submit Debug Report" a couple of times, but not sure it did anything (there's no visual indication it did anything at all).

FWIW, my iOS MyQ app works fine, and HomeKit integration works fine, and hasn't had (and still doesn't have) any issues.

Running version 1.2019.1126.1081 as of today, but it's been broken for a few weeks now, and there have been 3 or 4 updates in that time.

Any thoughts? It looks like others are having similar problems.

Thanks,
    Mark

Hello
    For the last 5 days I've been unable to get MyQ to work, everything had been fine up until then.
    HS did say there was a update so I installed the update and that did not fix the problem.
    I did have debug turned on and there where no errors in the logfile.
    Try it from the app all works OK but HS was not update ether.
    So the last think I tried was to disable the plugin - delete it - including the /bin/myq folder on my windows box.
    I also deleted the device before starting the reinstall which I now regret as the device did not get recreated after the install.

Nov-30 12:45:15 PM MyQ Debug Initialize LiftMaster Controller. API: LiftMaster, User:XXXXXXXX, Pass:XXXXXXXX, Interval:10000
    Nov-30 12:45:15 PM MyQ Debug Initializing MyQ Controller(s)

Any help would be great.

Thank you
    MikeK

Comment

What version of the plugin are you running?
      If you're looking to start fresh, there is a "Reset Configuration" button on the support page that will wipe out any residual settings.
      Is there anything in the logs indicating it's authenticating successfully or not?

Comment

Hello Eric
        I'm running Version: 1.2019.1126.1081
        I did try the reset configuration before I tried the reinstall.
        In the log file I don't see authenitcation seccessfully or failed
        I've also submitted a debug report too, hope that helps

Nov-30 7:44:06 PM MyQ Debug Configuration Page Loaded, Page:MyQ
        Nov-30 7:43:53 PM MyQ Debug Registered for device change events
        Nov-30 7:43:53 PM MyQ Debug Started PollTimer
        Nov-30 7:43:53 PM MyQ Debug Initialize LiftMaster Controller. API: LiftMaster, User:xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.net, Pass:xxxxxxxx, Interval:10000
        Nov-30 7:43:53 PM MyQ Debug Initializing MyQ Controller(s)
        Nov-30 7:43:49 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in MyQ
        Nov-30 7:43:49 PM Starting Plug-In MyQ loaded in 1110 milliseconds
        Nov-30 7:43:49 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin MyQ started successfully in 181 milliseconds
        Nov-30 7:43:49 PM MyQ Debug Registered Configuration Web Page
        Nov-30 7:43:49 PM MyQ Debug Configured Remote Logging options
        Nov-30 7:43:49 PM MyQ Debug Reconfigured remote logging destinations
        Nov-30 7:43:49 PM MyQ Debug Enabled logging to HomeSeer log system
        Nov-30 7:43:49 PM MyQ Initializing version 1.2019.1126.1081
        Nov-30 7:43:49 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin MyQ ...
        Nov-30 7:43:49 PM Info Plugin MyQ has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:55749
        Nov-30 7:43:38 PM Info Plugin MyQ with instance: has disconnected
        Nov-30 7:43:38 PM MyQ Debug Cleared controllers collection.
        Nov-30 7:43:38 PM MyQ LiftMaster: Stopping MyQ Controller
        Nov-30 7:43:38 PM MyQ HomeSeer shutting down MyQ plugin
        Nov-30 7:43:38 PM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: MyQ
        Nov-30 7:43:31 PM MyQ Debug Configuration Page Loaded, Page:MyQ
        Nov-30 7:41:00 PM weatherXML Triggers to check: 0
        Nov-30 7:36:15 PM MyQ Debug Configuration Page Loaded, Page:MyQ
        Nov-30 7:36:00 PM weatherXML Triggers to check: 0
        Nov-30 7:35:31 PM MyQ Debug Updated ForumName (mikek)
        Nov-30 7:35:31 PM MyQ Debug Reconfigured remote logging destinations
        Nov-30 7:35:26 PM MyQ Debug Changing Logging Level to: Debug
        Nov-30 7:31:03 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in MyQ
        Nov-30 7:31:03 PM Starting Plug-In MyQ loaded in 908 milliseconds
        Nov-30 7:31:03 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin MyQ started successfully in 64 milliseconds
        Nov-30 7:31:03 PM MyQ Initializing version 1.2019.1126.1081
        Nov-30 7:31:03 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin MyQ ...
        Nov-30 7:31:02 PM Info Plugin MyQ has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:50945

Comment

I checked and did not receive a debug report today. When the plugin is running, do you see any devices listed in the dropdown on the Debug tab of the configuration page? If it were not able to login, or even reach the internet, it should log some errors.

Comment

Guys,
            I am having the same problem, is there a possibility that MyQ / Chamberlain is blacklisting some IP's if there is too much requests coming in?
            I'm able to login with the MyQ application on my cell phone if I'm on the cellular network. If I enable WiFi (causing the app on my phone to use my Internet link), impossible to reach the server (error on the app). I changed DNS server from internal to google, same thing. Even for the password reset on the app, doesn't work if I'm on wifi...
            From HS, same thing and coming out of the same public IP...
            I will disable MyQ for the day and see what happened tomorrow ; I will let you know...
            Thanks

Comment

Hi
              I don't thing it's a blacklist issue in my case. I have no problem controlling the garage door using the MyQ app from same Ipad that I run HSTouch from inside my home network.
              I was starting to think it maybe a windows update or firewall thing so I temperately disabled the windows firewall on my HS server with no change.

Click image for larger version  Name:	StillInt.jpg Views:	0 Size:	21.7 KB ID:	1343727
              With Developer mode enabled this is what I'm getting when the plugin starts

2019-12-01 08:54:41 | INFO | Plugin: MyQ Instance: starting...
              2019-12-01 08:54:41 | INFO | Connecting to server at 127.0.0.1...
              2019-12-01 08:54:42 | INFO | Host API Version: 3
              2019-12-01 08:54:42 | INFO | Connected, initializing plugin...
              2019-12-01 08:54:42 | DEBUG | Loglevel set to: Debug
              2019-12-01 08:54:42 | INFO | Initializing version 1.2019.1126.1081
              2019-12-01 08:54:42 | DEBUG | Enabled logging to HomeSeer log system
              2019-12-01 08:54:42 | DEBUG | Reconfigured remote logging destinations
              2019-12-01 08:54:42 | DEBUG | Configured Remote Logging options
              2019-12-01 08:54:42 | DEBUG | Registered Configuration Web Page
              2019-12-01 08:54:46 | DEBUG | Initializing MyQ Controller(s)
              2019-12-01 08:54:46 | DEBUG | Initialize LiftMaster Controller. API: LiftMaster, User:XXXXXXXX@XXXX.XXX, Pass:XXXXXXXX, Interval:10000
              2019-12-01 08:54:46 | DEBUG | Started PollTimer
              2019-12-01 08:54:46 | DEBUG | Registered for device change events

And again no device is showing up in the Device Management

Comment

Just an update
                I've restored /data/HomeSeerData.hsd file from a backup and the device is now showing up in the Device Management
                But is "Still Initializing" and no status updating in HS if I uses the MyQ app

Comment

If it's stuck in Still initializing, something is preventing it from even starting up.

Try the following:
                  • Uninstall the plugin
                  • Delete the 'homeseer/bin/MyQ' folder
                  • Delete the 'homeseer/config/MyQ.ini' file
                  • Reinstall the plugin.
                  See if that helps, I suspect a mismatched DLL version is preventing it from starting correctly. If this does not help, let me know, I'll work with you to find out what's happening.

Comment

Hi,

Update here also, in my case, it definitely has something to do with the public IP I had, here are the tests I just did :

** Please note that EVERYTHING is working on my phone except MyQ when on WiFi before beginning the tests**

1 - Test MyQ on my phone on WiFi -> Not able to reach server
                    2 - Test MyQ on my phone on Cellular network -> Working
                    3 - Reboot only my router & kept the same public + WiFi on my phone -> Not able to reach server
                    4 - Reboot the provider modem forcing to change public IP -> Working on WiFi and cellular on my phone
                    5 - Working the first time on HS not stuck at all on "Still initializing"

I will see how it will hold but I really suspect that they blacklist the public IP's that are pooling for information too often. It's not surprise if they do that, they are probably hosting this service in house somewhere and they didn't account for all this traffic from Automation software & other stuff... they had a lot of outages possibly caused by load...

Anyways, I'll keep you posted, for now I increased the pooling interval to 20 seconds.

If this holds for a week, I will lower it every 2-3 days until it stops working!

I will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Comment

Hello

Well I try the following one more time and still no luck
                      • Uninstall the plugin
                      • Delete the 'homeseer/bin/MyQ' folder
                      • Delete the 'homeseer/config/MyQ.ini' file
                      • Reinstall the plugin.
                      Any other suggestion kind Sir?

Comment

Also to note, I just got an update from another user in another thread having a similar issue. Right now all signs point to MyQ blacklisting your public IP address. Try this, shut off the plugin for about 30 minutes or so and then turn it back. From what I've seen with them blacklisting in the past, it's for a 10-20 minute rolling window. The other user was able to prove it was the IP address by forcing his phone to use the house Wifi and the MyQ App on his phone could no longer connect.

Comment

Thank you, sir
                          I did see the other thread but didn't know if I should chime in or not.
                          I'll give it a try

But if the blacklist issue was true then wouldn't MyQ app running from my internal network fail as well as both HS and the app have the same public IP?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeK View Post
                            Thank you, sir
                            I did see the other thread but didn't know if I should chime in or not.
                            I'll give it a try

But if the blacklist issue was true then wouldn't MyQ app running from my internal network fail as well as both HS and the app have the same public IP?
                            Yes, that should be the case, and that's what the other user was able to setup to prove it was black listing in his case. When using the internal network (shutting off his Cell Data) he was no longer able to connect with the MyQ App. If you're not having the same problems, we might have two different issues going on here.

Comment

Okay, did all that and still stuck on initializing. One thing to note, even after removing everything and then reinstalling, it had my user ID and password filled in, so not sure if that was just cached, or if there’s somewhere else the data is stored.

I’m running HS3 Pro 3.0.0.500.

Comment

Working...
                              X