Unavailability, Sign-In Rejections and Log Spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unavailability, Sign-In Rejections and Log Spam

Plugin is working out great while it is connected and authenticated. Problem is that every 10 minutes the MyQ API rejects the sign in and the service becomes unavailable until authentication is successful again. Sometimes re-auth is successful right away, sometimes it takes a few tries, but until then the plugin is unusable and I'm not able to control my garage.

This issue also litters the log. It is filled with entries as seen below:

Dec-05 8:19:04 AM MyQ The MyQ API server has rejected our request to sign in. Generating new User-Agent and trying again.
    Dec-05 8:18:54 AM MyQ Disabled Craftsman Service
    Dec-05 8:18:54 AM MyQ LiftMaster: Stopping MyQ Controller
    Dec-05 8:18:54 AM MyQ The MyQ API server has rejected our request to sign in. Generating new User-Agent and trying again.
    Dec-05 8:09:00 AM MyQ The MyQ API server has rejected our request to sign in. Generating new User-Agent and trying again.
    Dec-05 8:08:50 AM MyQ Disabled Craftsman Service
    Dec-05 8:08:50 AM MyQ LiftMaster: Stopping MyQ Controller
    Dec-05 8:08:50 AM MyQ The MyQ API server has rejected our request to sign in. Generating new User-Agent and trying again.
    Dec-05 7:58:55 AM MyQ The MyQ API server has rejected our request to sign in. Generating new User-Agent and trying again.
    Dec-05 7:58:45 AM MyQ Disabled Craftsman Service
    Dec-05 7:58:45 AM MyQ LiftMaster: Stopping MyQ Controller
    Dec-05 7:58:45 AM MyQ The MyQ API server has rejected our request to sign in. Generating new User-Agent and trying again.
    Dec-05 7:48:51 AM MyQ Authentication Successful
    Dec-05 7:48:41 AM MyQ Disabled Craftsman Service
    Dec-05 7:48:41 AM MyQ LiftMaster: Stopping MyQ Controller
    Dec-05 7:48:41 AM MyQ The MyQ API server has rejected our request to sign in. Generating new User-Agent and trying again.
    Dec-05 7:38:47 AM MyQ Authentication Successful
    Is there a setting I'm missing here or something I can do to make this more reliable?

Thanks.

What type of opener are you using? Craftsman, Liftmaster, or Chamberlain?

Comment

Currently have Liftmaster / Chamberlain checkboxed.

Comment

I'm curious why it thinks it needs to disable the Craftsman service. That shouldn't run unless it tries to login with Craftsman and fails too many times.

Comment

Hmm ... I disabled and then re-enabled the plugin and since then it has not disconnected. Not sure why, but I'll take it. It's been issue free for ~20 hours now.

Comment

Could be completely unrelated, or related, but I have to add my system to the list that are getting the invalid login error. Below is an excerpt from the debug log.

​​​​​​2019-12-09 14:56:10 | DEBUG | Started PollTimer 2019-12-09 14:56:10 | DEBUG | Registered for device change events 2019-12-09 14:56:20 | DEBUG | Poller normalized to 10000 2019-12-09 14:56:20 | DEBUG | AccountURL is null 2019-12-09 14:56:20 | DEBUG | Session invalid, relogin attempt 2019-12-09 14:56:20 | DEBUG | LiftMaster: Login Attempt 2019-12-09 14:56:21 | DEBUG | Unexpected Return Data: Request RejectedThe requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.Your support ID is: 9937892298826959407[Go Back] 2019-12-09 14:56:21 | INFO | The MyQ API server has rejected our request to sign in. Generating new User-Agent and trying again.

I'm running this on a Homeseer HSPro, running Windows 10 Pro (an upgrade to the Home version that the system shipped with). Everything is on the latest level of patches...the MyQ app, Homeseer, Windows, etc. Let me know if there's a specific version of anything you need to help troubleshoot and I'll send.

Also...

Steps I've tried so far:
            Completely removing, including deleting all the directories and INI files, then reinstalling.
            Shutting down the app for an extended period and then restarting.
            Rebooting my internet provider's modem
            Various combinations of password changes and login updates using the Liftmaster myQ app

The garage door works fine with the vendor app and Homekit. Just doesn't work with the MyQ app in Homeseer.

Comment

This is definitely more black listing by MyQ. Previously they were blacklisting by the User Agent string, so I randomized that. Now it looks like they're black listing on something else down to the IP address level. I'm looking into it to see what they're keying on.

Comment

Looks like the IFTTT integrations published by MyQ aren't working either. I'll try again later, but perhaps telling that their own integrations with other services are also down. One wonders if they found a security vulnerability, or something similar, that left them with the only choice but to shut down the public API until fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottHammet View Post
                  Looks like the IFTTT integrations published by MyQ aren't working either. I'll try again later, but perhaps telling that their own integrations with other services are also down. One wonders if they found a security vulnerability, or something similar, that left them with the only choice but to shut down the public API until fixed.
                  Fellow Charlotte fellow! They are definitely doing something at Chamberlain - on the phone with tech support now. My HS Plugin for MyQ stopped working today. The last time it worked to my knowledge was two days ago. The MyQ iphone app has also stopped working. They are blocking ip addresses from what I can tell.

Comment

Just wanted to chime back in with a quick update, I haven't had any issues since my last post. Only other thing I did was connect myQ to my hubitat hub as a backup to this which shouldn't have made a difference.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I think it's clear at this point, MyQ is definitely messing with stuff on their side.

Comment

I think we need a hardware solution for this problem. This garage door opener, this 3 volt power supply and a Z-Wave switch might do the trick. Solder the power supply into the door opener, plug the power supply into the switch, then cycle the switch on and off to simulate the door opener button press.

Comment

I still don't have an update from MyQ.

Comment

I have the Dev. team looking into the issue. We will get back to you as soon as we learn more. For now keep using phone data with the MYQ app

Derek A Ramirez
                            Chamberlain Technical Support
                            Escalation Team

Comment

Originally posted by baudi View Post
                              I think we need a hardware solution for this problem. This garage door opener, this 3 volt power supply and a Z-Wave switch might do the trick. Solder the power supply into the door opener, plug the power supply into the switch, then cycle the switch on and off to simulate the door opener button press.
                              The problem so far with hardware solutions has getting a status output from the garage door. Is it open or closed? We've got several forum members that have gone that way and always have the same issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X