No announcement yet.

Unavailability, Sign-In Rejections and Log Spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacobegan, any word from MyQ on this? I have a case opened and have been trying to convince them that they are blocking my IP. So far not much luck but I keep pushing them on it. In my case the plugin will not log and the app will not work (although the now unsupported myq web interface will work). They just keep telling me they are not blocking and the HS is not a supported partner. Really frustrating! If you've got an individual within MyQ/Chamberlain/Liftmaster support that has been convinced of the blocking or a case number can you pass it along?

Comment

You’ve given them too much info. Try opening a new case, no mention of third party apps, explain that the mobile app was working but has stopped. State it only occurs when using it from your home IP address. Be sure to state you’ve checked with your isp and they aren’t blocking anything. Most importantly disable the myq plugin before asking to be unblocked

Comment

Got it. I debated even mentioning HS but did over the phone and they jumped on it... In my recent response I let them know that the ISP is all good and that I have disabled the plugin. I'm trying to keep them focused on the their app not working and the external IP being blocked. We'll see what they come back with.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

In my previous experience, simply not polling the API for a while caused it to be unblocked. They may have changed that.

Comment

Originally posted by ianmcg View Post
            Jacobegan, any word from MyQ on this? I have a case opened and have been trying to convince them that they are blocking my IP. So far not much luck but I keep pushing them on it. In my case the plugin will not log and the app will not work (although the now unsupported myq web interface will work). They just keep telling me they are not blocking and the HS is not a supported partner. Really frustrating! If you've got an individual within MyQ/Chamberlain/Liftmaster support that has been convinced of the blocking or a case number can you pass it along?
            ianmcg I was having this issue as well and I just called Chamberlain support. The rep told me to change the view on my app and I found that the view that has just one door at a time ( I have 2 doors) works. Strange I know but it does work. The rep also told me that they have had a number of complaints about this same thing and are working to fix it.

For clarity, here are the different views:

This view does not work to open or close doors:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-12-20 at 11.58.13 AM.png
Views:	128
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	1348410

This view works!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-12-20 at 11.58.40 AM.png
Views:	125
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	1348411

Comment

Originally posted by ando1 View Post

ianmcg I was having this issue as well and I just called Chamberlain support. The rep told me to change the view on my app and I found that the view that has just one door at a time ( I have 2 doors) works. Strange I know but it does work. The rep also told me that they have had a number of complaints about this same thing and are working to fix it.

That won't work for me as I can't login to the android app at all. I can use the web UI (that they list as unsupported) but the app won't connect at all so I can't change views.Still no word from MyQ Support.

Comment

My account has been unblocked, waiting on beta to change poling intervals

Comment

Originally posted by jacobegan View Post
                  ...waiting on beta to change poling intervals
                  Pretty sure you're aware from the other thread, but for others' benefit...As kingfetty explained in the post linked below it's about API calls, not polling rate. The polling rate can be set in the PI configuration.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/se...26#post1347626
                  -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

Pretty sure you're aware from the other thread, but for others' benefit...As kingfetty explained in the post linked below it's about API calls, not polling rate. The polling rate can be set in the PI configuration.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/se...26#post1347626
                    My bad, yes waiting on beta for API calls. Not polling rate

Comment

Originally posted by ianmcg View Post

That won't work for me as I can't login to the android app at all. I can use the web UI (that they list as unsupported) but the app won't connect at all so I can't change views.Still no word from MyQ Support.
                      ianmcg I had that issue as well where I wasn't able to login to the app, but once I changed my public IP address (WAN address) I was able to login again. You can change the WAN address if you have access to your router.

Comment

I’m giving up on this plugin and going the hardware route--bought a zwave tilt sensor and inline zwave relay switch so that I can read when the door is open or closed, then signal to open or close based on that input. The IP blacklisting by myQ appears to be permanent...it doesn’t get removed unless you call and argue with them. They firmly state that they’re not blocking any IP addresses, yet mine works fine using the myQ app from my mobile device if I turn off wifi (don’t access from my home network). I have to assume that however the plugin is calling myQ, they either a) don’t want it to be done and are blocking, or b) it looks like a hacking attempt and they have some automated process that puts the IP block in place, or c) some combination of the two that could be remediated if they were getting a cut of the plugin proceeds. I dunno.

I know how much work has gone into writing this plugin--I’ve written a few myself for my own use. No offense intended by the above comments, but it’s time to cut my losses and get back to a solution that will work. Good luck with figuring out a path forward with the plugin.

Comment

Working...
                        X