Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion

It seems the plugin has troubles connected at least once per night. This takes my doors from a closed to an offline state, then when it comes back online the doors change back to closed.

This triggers whatever events I have for the doors closing causing all sorts of chaos.

Jan-06 1:10:34 PM Device Control Device: Automation Virtual Status Small Garage LED 2 to Closed (50)
    Jan-06 1:10:34 PM Event Event Trigger "Doors Small Garage Door Closed"
    Jan-06 1:10:34 PM MyQ Plugin detected device Small Door changed state to closed
    Jan-06 1:10:31 PM Device Control Device: Automation Virtual Status Large Garage LED 1 to Closed (50)
    Jan-06 1:10:31 PM Event Event Trigger "Doors Large Garage Door Closed"
    Jan-06 1:10:31 PM Event Event Trigger "Doors Large Door Closes clear TV light"
    Jan-06 1:10:31 PM MyQ Plugin detected device Large Door changed state to closed
    Jan-06 1:10:25 PM MyQ Plugin detected device Small Door changed state to offline
    Jan-06 1:10:22 PM MyQ Plugin detected device Large Door changed state to offline
    Now I like the ability to see that the plugin is online or offline.
    Many other plugins have a second device with the status showing online/offline or other status.

If this were possible with this plugin it would save my events from firing when the doors have not changed, but still give me a device to monitor the plugin's connectivity to the service.

Leaving the door device(s) as truly reflecting the door state (or last known state)

Is this something you can do here?

thanks,

Scott

I like this, I'll work it into a future update.

Comment

You could do this yourself by changing the door closed event to use a virtual device, vDoor for example.

if Door is changed to open
      or if Door is changed to closed
      then set vDoor to Door status

Comment

Originally posted by baudi View Post
        You could do this yourself by changing the door closed event to use a virtual device, vDoor for example.

if Door is changed to open
        or if Door is changed to closed
        then set vDoor to Door status
        I 'could' but it would be better to have the plugin support it. I hate creating extra virtual devices to get around issues, it makes management a nightmare.

I will wait, I have lasted this long.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
          I like this, I'll work it into a future update.
          so... tomorrow?

no worries or rush here, I have been thinking about this for a while and finally posted it as a request.

Thanks!

Scott

Comment

kingfetty just curious if this has made it into the recent beta?

I am not having any issues (knock on wood) but would love this feature, not ready to dive into the beta there is no benefit.

thanks,

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by sbessel View Post
              kingfetty just curious if this has made it into the recent beta?

I am not having any issues (knock on wood) but would love this feature, not ready to dive into the beta there is no benefit.

thanks,

Scott
              Not yet, I'm still working on that. I've got it about half done then will be in beta. The current beta is targeted mainly at Linux users, to remove some of the errors they've had with it starting up on older systems.

Comment

Now?

Comment

Not ready for public testing yet, but getting closer. It's my active feature branch now and hoping to have something ready for testing soon.

Comment

If you need a quick work around I could remove the offline status faster than rushing a rewrite of the way devices are built. The other option is to trigger your event on specific states instead of just a generic state change...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-03-05_11h32_10.png
Views:	67
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	1368181

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
                      If you need a quick work around I could remove the offline status faster than rushing a rewrite of the way devices are built. The other option is to trigger your event on specific states instead of just a generic state change...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-03-05_11h32_10.png
Views:	67
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	1368181
                      I already track only on a state change just like your example. The issue is that offline is a state, so they seem to good offline once a night, I am unsure why, but they go from offline to closed and thus trigger my other events.

Not at all a big deal and something that I live with and can continue to life with.

I have no other issues with the plugin. When I see it has an update I REALLY want to update but since I have no issues I see no reason to update and resist the urge... unless of course there i a new feature hence my question.

thanks,

Scott

Comment

I am working on it, it's just a little more involved than one would anticipate.

Comment

Working...
                        X