Homeseer working fine but not showing up in Alexa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeseer working fine but not showing up in Alexa

Got the garage door setup in HomeSeer and i can open iand close it fine. When i try to add as a Homeseer Skill in Alexa it is not found. Other devices in Homeseer are found in Alexa, just not the Garage door. Please help

Thanks

I'm not sure how to help with that, any integration with Alexa is handled by homeseer, not the plugin. The only thing that's required for the device to show up in homeseer is for the device status have the "Control Use" set to a supported Alexa setting, which the default value is ON for Open and OFF for Closed and this is supported by Alexa. If you've changed this, that may explain your issues.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I did not change any settings from base install. This is what I see
      Click image for larger version

Name:	HS1.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	1369257

Name:	HS2.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1369258

Name:	HS3.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	1369259

Comment

Enable Voice Command (checkbox) on the device configuration screen. Yours is disabled. Then use Alexa to rediscover...

Comment

Thank you Kevins669! That was it!

Comment

Glad to help. You can also change the Voice Command name or create virtual devices with custom voice commands to say "open" or "close" the garage door/gate/etc. That is what I did to get around telling her to "Turn On the Driveway Gate".

Comment

Kevin, very new to this, which settings should I change to Open and Close, or how would I create a virtual device?

Comment

smcneill have a look at this thread. It should explain how to create and modify virtual devices: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...d-modification

Comment

Thanks Ando!

Comment

Working...
                  X