Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New MinutPoint plugin release to enable integration of Minut Point Security devices.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New MinutPoint plugin release to enable integration of Minut Point Security devices.

I am excited to announce the release of a new plugin to enable the Minut Point security device to integrate with Homeseer

the devices are outlined on the following link https://minut.com/

The devices enable monitoring of your house to alert on smashed glass, loud noises, as well as temperatures and listening and notifying your of alerts for non connected alarms such as your Fire or CO2 alarms.

the plugin will allow you to automate the activation and de-activation of the minut point alarm, and the plugin can receive instant notifications of events. this functionality will allow you to work around the limitations of a non premium account (Currently $120 per year) by scheduling alert forwarding via homeseer.

The plugin will configure automatically both the Windows Firewall and additionally your UPnP router to allow the instant notifications to be received. the plugin has also been tested on linux and works, fine, however if you are using for example an iptables firewall you will need to ensure the port specified in the config is allowed. additionally , if you have disabled UPnP on your router you will need to ensure that there is a Nat Rule created to forward the port to your homeseer server IP.

I hope you enjoy, please utilise your trial to test the functionality with your system prior to purchase.

Hi,

just curious,

So this work local with upnp

---

Also, how does the sound ''detector' work in hs3? Can i set a trigger it captures any sound? or certain ones?

I am trying to find the list of all the sensors in this little thing. If you got it before me , let me know.

edit: ok , i think I got it : https://minut.com/about-point/features/

but things like this alarm me. https://homealarmreport.com/point-minut-v2/

and forthge v2 they talk about future again. So don't know if they will provide what they claim for (see picture* ..and we are in 2019...are theses features out now?)

Thanks ,
    Matt
    Attached Files

Comment

It opens a port via UPnP direct to the plugin. The device itself only connects once per hour to the minute point cloud unless one of the following events are heard in which you get instant notifications.

This gives you a good idea of the capability
      alarm_heard An alarm sound was recognised
      glassbreak The sound of glass break was detected
      short_button_press The button on Point was pressed
      temperature_high Temperature is higher than the configured threshold
      temperature_low Temperature is lower than the configured threshold
      temperature_dropped_normal Temperature is back down to normal
      temperature_risen_normal Temperature is back up to normal
      humidity_high Humidity is higher than the configured threshold
      humidity_low Humidity is lower than the configured threshold
      humidity_dropped_normal Humidity is back down to normal
      humidity_risen_normal Humidity is back up to normal
      avg_sound_high Average sound levels are higher than the configured threshold
      sound_level_high_quiet_hours Sound levels high during quiet hours
      sound_level_high_despite_warning Sound levels continue to be high despite warnings
      sound_level_dropped_normal Sound levels are back down to normal
      device_offline Device went offline
      device_online Device went online
      tamper Point was removed from or put back on its mounting plate
      battery_low The batteries are soon empty, approximately 2 weeks left
      battery_empty The batteries are empty
      I am investigating ways to get this working directly via myhs without the need for UPnP to open a port.

​​​

Comment

Do you have direct acceess to the sensors?

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzysb View Post
          It opens a port via UPnP direct to the plugin. The device itself only connects once per hour to the minute point cloud unless one of the following events are heard in which you get instant notifications.

This gives you a good idea of the capability
          alarm_heard An alarm sound was recognised
          glassbreak The sound of glass break was detected
          short_button_press The button on Point was pressed
          temperature_high Temperature is higher than the configured threshold
          temperature_low Temperature is lower than the configured threshold
          temperature_dropped_normal Temperature is back down to normal
          temperature_risen_normal Temperature is back up to normal
          humidity_high Humidity is higher than the configured threshold
          humidity_low Humidity is lower than the configured threshold
          humidity_dropped_normal Humidity is back down to normal
          humidity_risen_normal Humidity is back up to normal
          avg_sound_high Average sound levels are higher than the configured threshold
          sound_level_high_quiet_hours Sound levels high during quiet hours
          sound_level_high_despite_warning Sound levels continue to be high despite warnings
          sound_level_dropped_normal Sound levels are back down to normal
          device_offline Device went offline
          device_online Device went online
          tamper Point was removed from or put back on its mounting plate
          battery_low The batteries are soon empty, approximately 2 weeks left
          battery_empty The batteries are empty
          I am investigating ways to get this working directly via myhs without the need for UPnP to open a port.

​​​

Thanks for this list . ok So you get instant notification when a ''threesold ''is crossed. Thanks for the info!

Also found the api .https://minut.com/community/developers/

Comment

Yes in addition there is a motion alert once a grace period expires. I don't have direct access to the sensors it is a cloud based API and is dependant on minutes point cloud API as the sensors only connect intermittently to WiFi so cannot poll them directly

Comment

The cloud is a sticking point. Wouldn’t use it for security.

Comment

Each to their own. But as part of an overall solution i think it has its place. I have contact sensors on panels in which you can disable power and telephony externally so I have early warning that my house is being targeted.

I should then have enough juice in my UPS to continue internet and notifications by switching to mobile data if the main internet connection is disrupted.

However smashed glass detection that can notify me externally is very thin on the ground and was the main motivator to purchasing. But I've got to say the motion sensor in the Minut point have proved to be very pet proof, which is not something that I could achieve with my ZigBee or Zwave motion sensors no matter how much I tried tweaking with the sensitivity until I moved it to the point where it wouldn't detect a person. So this bolsters my away mode security as I have to disable the other Motion sensors so I'm happy with the choice as it improves what I already have. Rather than relying on these in isolation.

Comment

Fuzzy I've been looking for something like this for my house, but I want to make sure I understand the plug in, it will allow me to use HS3 events to arm/dis arm the system, so when my door locks unlock or if I ever get geofence setup it could disarm all 3 systems. HS3 can receive the notifications from point smart and forwarded the info but there is no way to trip point smart using Hs3 events like a motion or door sensors etc at this time.. I wouldn't mind having 3 of these in my house, and would that cause any issues with your plugin?. 120.00 a year is not bad for the service if its available in the US and the sensors report in us standards for temp,

Thanks.

Comment

ocyberbum I have 3 minut point devices in my house and the plugin works great with all 3, you can arm and disarm the minut point alarm status from homeseer events, so when my house goes to away mode it automatically arms the minut point through a HS3 event.

You cannot get realtime motion alerts to say use it for turning on and off lights etc.. as the motion alert to HS is instant however it does not send the alert until after the grace period has expired (by default 45 seconds) the behaviour you see is that the minut point will beep for 45 seconds and then sound the alarm. at the point the alarm sounds, then HS3 is notified instantly, so for example you can have an event to sound any other sirens and send notifications etc.., if you disarm the system before the alarm sounds then HS3 does not get notified.

The others in post #5 are also instant, and you can set thresholds for these types of events in the Minut app, but the lower the thresholds for temps/humidity for example, the device will connect to Wifi more frequently which will affect battery life, but my 3 minut points have been in place for a couple of months now and are sitting here on about 60% battery remaining. although they are expensive, overall i am happy to have an extra layer around smashed glass detection and pet proof motion sensors, which is not something i could use without the minut point devices as the cats were constantly triggering motion occasionally. so much so that i had to disable motion sensors when away and rely on contact sensors and video people detection only, but the minut point has overcome that limitation for me nicely.

but as stated the plugin overcomes the need for paying minut point $120 a year as the only benefit as far as i can see is that you can set away/home status for multiple users in the app, and allow neighbours etc.. to be notified, the functionality of which can all be replaced by HS3 events. so it offers an alternative. as a FYI i dont have the minut point app installed on my phone wasting battery with geo location etc.. i just use my usual mechanism for doing this if Wifi detection using Fing box and more recently PHlocation with taskers autolocation.

one last point is that i have been looking at PHlocation as an app and the author of that has devised a way to allow posting of data to the HS3 service, I think possibly i can do the same negating the need to open a port on the router via UPnP and is able to rely on the myHS service. I think i can probably dot he same but i am absolutely rammed at work at the moment but will be looking to adopt this stance in a future version.

Comment

darn... i was talking to my wife and she asked a few questions and the only one that stump me was there didn't look to be away to arm the alarm while were home at night and avoid triggering it when someone goes by one of the sensors, if it had a home and away feature using some door/window sensors it would have been perfect

Comment

I arm the system when home at night via HS3 events. All three of my Minut points are downstairs. If I get up in the middle of the night and go downstairs i disable the alarm using a specific motion sensor and pressure sensor on the top step of the stairs to disable. And after all motion, lights and TVs are off downstairs for 10 mins I rearm the alarms again

Comment

Working...
                        X