X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Activate Siren

Is there any way I can have an event to activate the siren on the
    alarm system?

I do not want to trip the alarm burglar event, since that would also call my local police dept.

I am looking for a way to trip just the siren to scare away any possible vandals
    without necessarily setting off the whole alarm

Thanks

I know there are relay options that can be controlled via the plugin but am not sure that the siren can be activated without an alarm condition. I'll have to investigate and get back with you. Thanks for the question.

Nathan
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Thanks for your reply

Please keep me informed

Comment

I've checked the Napco documents but don't see a way to just activate the siren outside of an alarm condition. There are several relays that the Napco panels support: Burg output on/off, Fire output on/off, Aux output on/off, Reset output on/off and External Relay ## on/off. These commands are built into the plugin and available from the Events page in HS3. I have a voice module connected to my siren driver and when I tripped the Burg output on/off my voice module announced FIRE FIRE LEAVE IMMEDIATELY. The command issued was for the Burg output relay on so either the Napco docs are incorrect or the voice module is. In either case, this appears close to what you are requesting. Please note however, I have no idea if this would have also generated a call out from your panel assuming you pay for a monitored service. This may require some trial and error on your part perhaps working with your Napco support person to see if you can achieve the desired result.

Nathan
        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
        Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
        http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Working...
        X