Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to get Napco device changes published by mcsMQTT

Hello,

I am not able to get any of my Napco device changes to be published by mcsMQTT. Everything else that I want to publish works just not anything associated with the Napco plugin. Any ideas of what could be wrong?

Thanks,
    Marty

mcsMQTT subscribes to the HSEvent VALUE_SET and VALUE_CHANGE event callbacks. These are raised when a HS Device/Feature DeviceValue has been updated. I am not familiar with Napco plugin, but this may help with the diagnosis. In some plugins DeviceString is used to update status, but DeviceValue is usually what is used as is provides richer support by HS such as in events.

Comment

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the response - that definitely should help. Hopefully the creator of the plugin can use that as guidance for the troubleshooting.

Marty

Comment

I'm sorry you may be having issues getting device change triggers to fire in another plugin from this one. This plugin is end-of-life and is not being ported to HS4. It started life in the HS2 era and I was able to port it to HS3 when it didn't make the list that HST was going to. The Napco hardware this plugin supports is rapidly aging. Newer Napco hardware has shown to not be compatible. If you recently purchased this and can't get it to work as desired you may want to contact HST to refund it. No additional development is planned.
        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
        Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
        http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

If you enable mcsMQTT Debug from the top of the General tab then it will show all HSEvent callbacks from HS and we can confirm if the callback is being received or is some other issue. The debug is created in \data\mcsMQTT\mcsMQTT Debug.txt.

Comment

Thanks for the additional troubleshooting suggestion. I have been on the road so I haven't had time to do this yet. I plan to do it soon.

Marty

Comment

Working...
            X