No announcement yet.

Not Connecting HS3P -> GEM-3200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I had answers for you but I don't know if V11E will do automation. I searched for that part # you provided and found what appear to be a couple different P3200 EEPROM upgrades at http://www.securitystoreusa.com for $19 or less. If I were you I'd contact them and see if they have what you're looking for or can they get it.

I was able to find the attached tech note stating that firmware V10 doesn't work with windows Quickloader and the solution is to upgrade to V11E. That still doesn't answer the question if it'll do HA or not.

I also don't know if V11D HA follows the same protocol that GEM-AUTOMATION on that V40C chip does. If you do figure that out it would be good to share here with others.

Nathan
    Attached Files
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Nathan

Thanks for the reply.

I have already contacted securitystoreusa.com and any and all other companies selling the "V11E" firmware about if it will do HA. The securitystoreuse.com is fairly near the NAPCO facitily on Long Island NY as are many other online security dealers. I would think that some of these security dealer have old NAPCO employees working for them or can get this information?

All I know about "V11E" is that is supports the latest daylight savings time changes from 2007. It is also most likely the last firmware upgrade for the old Gem-P3200 panel. Versions "V20" and above do not work in the old panels.

This document shows the "V11D" software changes including the "HA" version to support Crestron Home Automation (should not be different from HomeSeer):

http://www.napcosecurity.com/images/...I987B_ADDM.pdf

This document shows that "V11E" replaces "V9" "V10" & other "V11" to automatically adjust for daylight savings time.

http://tech.napcosecurity.com/index....&embed=iframe#

I have the latest Quickloader as I went to a Quickloader / Home Automation training at the NAPCO facility last month. They only talked about THEIR "NEW" home automation solutions and how to configure the panel in Quickloader to set it up. I was able to get my panel to acept Quickloader programming and found out at NAPCO that my V40 chip will NOT work in my old 3200 board. Also found out that most USB to RS-232 converters do NOT work with the NAPCO panels.

I have made another try at contacting NAPCO and hope I get the answer if "V11E" will work and if not if they can sell me "V11D HA".

Getting info from the tech people at NAPCO is VERY difficult. All they want is to do is sell THEIR latest panels and THEIR home automation solution which requires THEIR automation central service at a cost per month.

Attached is an interesting document I found in my reseach that others may find interesting. It is the NAPCO "GEMINI Home / Building Automation Development Specification". It explains the automation interface of the NAPCO Gemini control panels.

-REH

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
      I wish I had answers for you but I don't know if V11E will do automation....
      <SNIP>
      ...I also don't know if V11D HA follows the same protocol that GEM-AUTOMATION on that V40C chip does. If you do figure that out it would be good to share here with others.

Nathan
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ; March 9, 2015, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Did you ever find out if your "older" p3200 would do HA? And if so, what FW version does it require?

I have a p3200 from the late 90s that I'd like to interface with HS but my local NAPCO dealer is a PITA.

Originally posted by Remote Enabled Home View Post
        ... I have made another try at contacting NAPCO and hope I get the answer if "V11E" will work and if not if they can sell me "V11D HA"...

-REH

Comment

For those using P3200 panels, we've had some very encouraging results from another user in this thread He's using P3200 and 11D firmware. Not sure of the panel hardware version but perhaps he'll report it later.

Long story short is in March/April 2016 I did significant rework of some of the internals relating to data handling to/from the panel to make this plugin linux compatible. That has had several very beneficial improvements for plugin users on windows as well. Note that it still uses the CTS/RTS hardware handshaking so that hasn't changed but many of the "corrupted data" issues we've seem have been fixed by these changes.

If you still have a P3200 and HS3 and are interested in trying this again I'd suggest the latest public release 3.0.1.9. If you only had a trial license that has expired, please contact the HomeSeer Helpdesk to request an extension.

Nathan
          HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
          Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
          Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
          Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
          http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Working...
          X