Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfrobertson
    replied
    I added additional protections around the serial port handling functions where I think an issue could occur. I've posted v3.0.0.5. If this still doesn't work for you then please post additional information about your setup along with debug logs. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    Jeff,

I just posted v3.0.0.4 of this plugin. This version includes retry logic around the "full status update" that is requested from the panel during startup. I don't know if this will help you or not. This was an enhancement I had included last week but hadn't published pending outcome of testing with another user.

Nathan

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    Jeff,

Thanks for your interest. I use this plugin for my home HS3 system so I do rely on it. There have been some minor tweaks since initial release but I do not experience crashes.

What is your setup: panel model, GEM-AUTOMATION firmware level, PCI-MINI or GEM-RS232? What do you use to run HS3? Do you use a USB to serial adapter or a traditional serial port on the HS3 machine?

Do you have debug turned on and assuming so can you post your debug log? This is usually found in C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Logs\NapcoDebug.log or from a copy/paste from the running HS3 log

Nathan

Leave a comment:

• jschaff
    started a topic NAPCO Plugin for HS3 does not work

NAPCO Plugin for HS3 does not work

I want to upgrade from HS2 with Napco plugin to HS3 with Napco plugin, however the plugin is very unstable and crashes all the time. I can get Quick Loader for windows to work perfectly so I know I can communicate with my panel. Also, I can connect to my panel using HS2 with the original Napco plug in. My question is this, has anyone actually gotten this to work????

Thanks!
    Jeff
Working...
X